Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Comms and Audio

Cb fitted, help now needed

(1/5) > >>

Simmo50:
Ok I've fitted a oricom cb  radio.
I now obviously need to be able to listen and talk through helmet somehow.
What do I need . Preferably not Bluetooth. And cheap as possible. Would also like to be able to listen to music.
Advice appreciated. And if anyone has the parts even.better

ST2UP:
Which model Oricom ?

If you don't want Bluetooth your Motorcycle options are Starcom or Autocom....

Dale at DMME did have a wired budget UHF pack that had a headset, PTT on the bars and directly wired into the radio....but this won't give you music of of course.

:beer

Simmo50:
It's a oricom uhf 300 micro.  Does dmme stand for?

Brian:
You could have a chat to OzSToc member / supplier of communications to the masses DaleMcLean  :thumbs :rockon

Brock:
In the early days, I was going to go for a wired setup for the UHF, but decided that all the wires needed was too hard. To make a lead that just connects to the helmet, isnt too hard, but sourcing suitable mic and ear bits was difficult.

Now with the great battery life available for bluetooth devices, its the way to go. Along with being able to connect to you UHF, you also have the advantage of connecting to GPS, Phone and passengers (Ok, so that isnt necessarily a plus), and even bike to bike comms. Wiring this stuff up is easy, as the majority of stuff needed is in the kit.

P.S, Sena gear is the way to go in my opinion, a wired setup isnt realy going to be much cheaper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version