Honda ST1300 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1300

14-01-2018 Battery Tender Connected

(1/6) > >>

alans1100:
Link to the Battery Tender I bought http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=13224.msg1248571#msg1248571

With this hex bolt being damaged 20181118_174233 by Alan, on Flickr

I had to be a little creative in hooking the charger up.

Disconnected the negative lead from the battery and connected the black alligator clip.

Moved aside whatever sits across the top of the battery and put the red alligator clip on the positive side

Made sure the charger was set for a lead acid battery before connecting to the bike. It is designed so that should the charger lose power (blackout etc.) it will resume at the same setting. Book says it should take about 15 hours to get the battery from flat up to 80% of maximum charge and it won't charge if the battery is three volts or lower.

Why is it that on most electronic gear like this they can't fit the power plug the right way.

ppopeye:
Ruby came with an Anderson Plug for this purpose. I havent seen a better or easier setup.

alans1100:
Tammie checked the charger (as I asked her) before she came over and both lights are green so battery is charged the charger turned off.

Biggles:

--- Quote from: alans1100 on January 14, 2019, 08:22:42 PM ---
With this hex bolt being damaged 20181118_174233 by Alan, on Flickr

--- End quote ---

Find a flat bladed screwdriver of a size that will wedge across the points of the hex and use that to drive the damaged bolt out.  Then you can put in a new bolt.

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Biggles on January 15, 2019, 10:33:06 AM ---
Find a flat bladed screwdriver of a size that will wedge across the points of the hex and use that to drive the damaged bolt out.  Then you can put in a new bolt.
--- End quote ---

I did a search on how to remove a stuffed hex bolt and that was not one of the options not listed so when I go to Tammie's place I'll give it a go. I've already tapped the bolt with a hammer.

I wonder what the Honda dealer's mechanic used to tighten the bolt up with after he got the side panel off for the new battery they put in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version