Honda ST1300 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1300

FAULTY ECM - MAYBE

(1/4) > >>

DJW:
SO, i will keep this as brief as I can.  After the bike was sitting for a few months not ridden, I got it out last week but no go.  Engine would wind over, but not fire up.  Had it at Honda all week.  They have checked everything possible that they can.  End result is that they have determined that the ECM is not powering the fuel pump.  Fuel pump is ok and checks out and works when ECM bypassed.  Their fault computer is also not connecting and shaking hands with the ECM to determine faults.  They have spoken to many within Honda here in Aus and the general consensus is the ECM is faulty.  New - $2200 and about a 5 month wait for one, and then its still not a guarantee that the ECM is the issue.  Bike is a 2003 non ABS with 136k on clock.  Any suggestions out there??????  Brain is hurting!!  Previously ECM was giving knock sensor codes about two years ago, and it was suggested at that time the ECM might be faulty however the melted knock senor wiring was replaced and only had the knock sensor codes come up once since then.  Any suggestions or ideas.

StinkyPete:
Hi DJW.    Have you tried an ECU reset, as described here.....  http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=11334.0

Langers:
If the bike won't start, I'm not sure how the ECU reset will work (I'm assuming the disconnecting and reconnecting the battery some time later isn't going to have any affect on whether the bike actually fires or not). I hope for DJW's sake a battery disconnect and reconnect works.

Jdbiker:
Has alll the wiring been checked for mice attack? Remove airbox and check under, mice love building nests in there. Was bike running ok prior to sitting idle for a while, if so it’s unlikely to be an ECM fault. Maybe try swapping the ECM with a friendly OzStoc member 👍

West Aussie Glen:
There is no difference between ABS and non ABS ECUs just a difference from 2008 onwards.
I can lend you one to test, you just pay postage to and from Perth. At this stage it has a home but that may change. Remember you will also need the key to go with the ECU.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version