Honda ST1100 Section > Seats & Windscreen Modifications ST1100

Laminar Lip for ST1100 OEM screen

<< < (3/3)

pricemob:
Hi Garry

the LL is too narrow for my screen. Its about 350 where it should fit and my screen is around 430.
I noticed that the LL site says fits all models, obviously not quite on the money. There are a few ST1100's left up here and I will have a look and see what their screens look like.
I am fairly sure the screen on the ST1100P is the same as the Pan European but will try and confirm.
The screen in Shiney's photo does look narrower than mine and doesn't have the flare.

Garry_Coates:
Hi pricemob,
                 thanks for the reply. My OEM screen is atleast your size or bigger. It is possible that you have just been sent the wrong Lip. Either for the ST combo or a different model entirely. Did the item come with a partnumber attached? Was there any useful info provided with the lip like instructions or specification?

Regards
         Garry

pricemob:
Hi Garry

The only part No/Model info on the package is
Honda ST1100 Stock windshield
PN H2126.
An A4 sheet came with the lip and there are instructions on the package as well. The mounting position is from level with the top of the windshield to a max of 1/3 of the lip above the top of the shield. From there it s trial and error using duct tape to hold in place while you go for a slow ride. It then goes into a bit of detail of how the screen should be cleaned and how to install the Dual Locks with the aid of a "buddy" for visual alignment. Nothing too complicated. It does say that "in mounting you may bend the LIP more open if needed" But bending it out by 80mm is a bit much and the Dual locks don't sit well. My interpretation of "more open" would be up to 20mm.
I will give AMC a call in the morning and let you know how I go.
The 430mm in my previous post is about where the LL would/should fit, however, the base of the side flare is about 467mm side to side.

Garry_Coates:
Hi pricemob,
             this review gives some specs for the st1100 lip: https://ridermagazine.com/2009/06/22/laminar-lip-motorcycle-windscreen-extension-review/

"It is a long piece of clear, scratch-resistant acrylic, pre-curved to fit the ST, with a length of about 25 inches, a height of 4 inches". 25 inches (630mm) is roughly my OEM screen curve just above the cats eyes.

I note that AMC sells lips for aftermarket screens for the ST as well. Might be worth trying to get the dimensions for those as well. Then you can choose best fit.

Regards
           Garry

pricemob:
Hi Garry

I will see what AMC have to say tomorrow.
Will let you you the result.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version