Honda ST1300 Section > Honda ST1300 General Questions

Excess fue consumption / F1 code 25 / Unidentified black box.

(1/9) > >>

Weggy13:
Hi all,
I have just recently (2 weeks ago) acquired a 2003 ST1300 on the advice of everyone I talked to about them. Great ride, although I’ve only done school drop off and work trips, but I have a problem with the F1 lights showing code 25, right knock sensor. Haven’t had a chance to take the fairings off and check sensor etc but the other problem I have is that riding to work this morning (approx 70km trip) and a couple of time last week, it feels as if the bike is either getting too much or not enough fuel. On the Highway at 80-100, accelerating fees like the engine is going to stall out, coughing and farting, nearly bucking me off. I put a bottle of injector cleaner in on Saturday with a full tank thinking perhaps stale fuel from previous owner, no help so far. Bike seemed to be going fine before accelerating hard off the line at lights and staring the f1 light. Any help appreciated with any light anyone may be able to shed? Another seperate question is I have a small black box attached under my seat, unsure if anyone can
any light on what this may be, photo attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cravenhaven:
Dont know what the black box is. The F1 error 25/26 will most likely be caused by an ECU error and the only way to fix it is to replace the ECU.
In the interim, if the F1 illuminates then you need to shut off the power and restart otherwise the ECU runs in limp mode. I used to do this regularly by pulling in the clutch, flicking off the handle bar power switch, then flick it back on and restart.
I managed to pick up a second hand ECU which solved my F1 problem. I had already replaced some of the knock sensor wiring and one of the plugs to no avail.

Weggy13:
I don’t suppose it as easy as sourcing another ecu and plugging it in? Also what is an ecu worth if anyone knows? Sorry, extremely new to this and probably asking questions that have already been answered multiple times.

Gadget:
If start with making sure the 5-way vacuum hose connector is clear.

It connects the inlets to the MAP sensor which in turn connects to the ECU.

It is a simple(ish) job, costing little, and there is a detailed "How To" with photos here on the forum.

The 5-way gets suits in the valley and unfortunately was mounted low, so any fuel left in the manifold on shut-down can drain into the connector and over time, the additives accumulate as a thick waxy paste.

Once the 5-way proven clean and clear, and if it doesn't solve the problem, then look for more expensive solutions.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

cravenhaven:
Actually it is as easy as plugging in a replacement ecu. You'll also need the key (and chip) that matchess the ecu hiss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version