Buy Swap & Sell > Motorcycles For Sale

How do you sell a ST1300?

(1/2) > >>

TouriSTs:
My ST1300 is for sale  :blk11:

https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/2013-honda-st1300-abs-my10/SSE-AD-7145854/?Cr=7

What do you do when someone comes around to look at your bike when you're selling it?  Do you just hand them the keys and say take it for a ride?  Do you ask for some sort of security?  Do you put them on the back and take them for a ride?

I'm interested in members' views on this.

Thanks,

Marty

ruSTynutz:
I'd be asking them to hand over their licence (taking a photo of it while they are away) and perhaps their keys for the vehicle they arrived in/on at the very least before letting them take the bike for a test ride. Oh, and make sure they are actually licenced to ride a motorcycle...

Also perhaps write down the time they head off and arrive back just in case you receive a speeding fine in the mail down the track...

Williamson:
I've sold quite a few car and bikes in recent years.  No test drives or rides unless the potential buyer stumps-up with the cash before they jump into the drivers seat or saddle.  With cars, I take 'em for a test ride (if they want to), have not offered this option with a bike.   

Despite me being very clear in the ad with these conditions and all details re. car or bike, I get the stupidest questions like, where is St Helena (can't they use Google Maps), does it have a RWC (read the effing ad), can I take it for a drive / ride (ditto). 

A coupla of potential buyers didn't like this condition and have walked away, cars and bikes have all sold in the short to medium term - except for a current Land Rover Discovery, although that's only been on the market for a month or so.

Mmmmm ... anyone want a Disco?

And, nice bike, good luck with the sale.

RubenCan:
As RustyNutz suggested, although I would also show them what the insurance excess would be and ask them for that, as a deposit. Then I would not worry if they accidentally drop it as they would pay for the claim.

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Rubencan on April 13, 2021, 12:39:17 PM ---As RustyNutz suggested, although I would also show them what the insurance excess would be and ask them for that, as a deposit. Then I would not worry if they accidentally drop it as they would pay for the claim.

--- End quote ---

There was some talkback radio discussion here in Melbourne re. a test rider not returning the bike, owner put a claim into insurer, claim was rejected because owner gave keys for test ride, not sure how that turned out though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version