Honda ST1100 Section > Honda ST1100 General Questions

Re: Mounting a Ram Ball Mount to an ST1100

(1/4) > >>

Streak:
Hi Gents,
              Thought i would post about adding a Ram Ball Mount to my 1996 ST1100.

When i started this, i was emailing with the USA site, then i found a good Dealer in Australia, Southern Insight, his name is Paul and is a very helpful bloke, he reccomended i go for a handle bar mount rather than a Clutch or brake cap Mount, stronger and not as high was his thoughts.
Southern Insight Pty Ltd
Ph: 1800 441 939
Email: info@southerninsight.com.au
Address:
8 tilley lane
Frenchs Forest
NSW 2086
product information:

i bought a RAM U-BOLT Mount RAM-B-149ZU (mounting Bracket)

and a RAM-HOL-AP6U RAM HOLDER for Apple 3GS iPhone

Total Cost Delivered was: $54.00

in the mail turned up two days later after ordering:

I took it a step further when i got it, i actually took the front bracket off the Clutch Lever bracket, and bolted it on there, and when i did so i ended up with a very ungainly amount of thread showing:

So off to Bunnings i went and found some rubber caps that i cut down to put in between:

and presto it looks 10 times better:

and all mounted up, it looks good, and holds my phone nicely!

all i have to do know is wait for my bluetooth units to turn up and i am onto my next little project

Couch:
Hi Streak................do you use your iPhone 3GS :phone to navigate with, and if so, do you use a special application to do so ???...........and if you do.................what application do you use  ???
I'm interested as I also have the 3GS and have been wondering if it's possible to do this rather than put out for a GPS  ::)

Streak:
yes i am planning on using my iPhone, i have an app Called Navigon:

http://www.navigon.com/portal/au/produkte/navigationssoftware/mobile_navigator_iphone_eu.html

it has served me well so far, but i have not used it on the bike properly, cost about 40 dollars

Marcus:
I know there is a iPhone TomTom app, I think from memory it's around $100.
I'd imagine it would use up alot of the memory though. compared with the "Maps" which has a bit of lag...

http://www.tomtom.com/en_au/products/mobile-navigation/tomtom-app-for-iphone/

Brock:
Put my Ram mount there lastnight, with my GPS60Csx fitted to it. dont like the position as its to far forward to see easily, and my left hand keeps hitting it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version