OzSTOC Ride Reports, Pictures & Videos > National Rally 2013 Reports & Photos/Video

Funny Moments/Quotes from 2nd National Rally, Middleton...

<< < (2/2)

saaz:
I was there when Jack said that, and it was the highlight for me!  Oh yes, Octane coming off was pretty good  :think1

Diesel did not burn himself a few times, so all was good  :thumbsup

StinkyPete:
I was deeply embarrassed when I led over 40 motorcycles on the wrong road out of Milang on our Saturday ride.   I kept hoping for a turnoff to the right to get us back on track but one never turned up.   The road turned to loose gravel, I'd forgotten to plug my CB back in and could not communicate my dilemma, and I then led a mass "U" turn on a narrow gavel road.

Everyone was very gracious and the incident hardly raised a comment (to me anyway), but I felt like an idiot 'cause I'd even had a couple of "practice" runs for the ride to familiarize myself with the route.

Biggles:
These things are sent to keep us humble, Pete.  As a frequent ride leader, I can sympathise completely.  I've done it twice this year so far...
Mind you, just missed the turn by 20 metres by riding a tad too fast to recognise the turn both times.
But ain't U-turns on bikes on narrow roads a PITA?!  Especially on big bikes with everyone watching and tut-tutting!   :-[

Diesel:
I remenber telling Octane I owe him a beer for having his slight off and relieving me of the "monkey on one's back" of "Nat Rally's silliest moment" trophy!   :-++                   :rofl :rofl :rofl

Bodø:

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on September 04, 2013, 11:40:13 AM ---I was deeply embarrassed when I led over 40 motorcycles on the wrong road out of Milang on our Saturday ride.   I kept hoping for a turnoff to the right to get us back on track but one never turned up.   The road turned to loose gravel, I'd forgotten to plug my CB back in and could not communicate my dilemma, and I then led a mass "U" turn on a narrow gavel road.

Everyone was very gracious and the incident hardly raised a comment (to me anyway), but I felt like an idiot 'cause I'd even had a couple of "practice" runs for the ride to familiarize myself with the route.

--- End quote ---

I heard about this in Tasmania last year.  We too had our u-turn moment, just not on gravel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version