OzSTOC Events National & Local > Other Upcoming Rides + OzSTOC Ride Map and Calendar

Route 66 in 2015

(1/5) > >>

IanB:
Looking at the calendar and we have all these old farts in the club so here's a ride idea.
All you 64 year olds start saving and we'll go off and do the famed Route 66 in the year we turn 66.
Think abt it.

Biggles:
Could work...  I'm retiring towards the end of that year, but you'll all be back by them.

ST2UP:

--- Quote from: IanB on August 05, 2013, 09:55:41 AM ---Looking at the calendar and we have all these old farts in the club so here's a ride idea.
All you 64 year olds start saving and we'll go off and do the famed Route 66 in the year we turn 66.
Think abt it.

--- End quote ---

What a great idea for a Birthday present to yourself..... :thumbsup

BigTed:
I'll be only turning 50 in 2015, but I currently feel 15 years older than that  :-[ - so, I'd be interested in this. I haven't worked out whether to do an organised tour, rent, buy-ride-sell, etc.  :think1

Biggles:
Renting seems to be practical and affordable in the States.  Saves a lot of hassle, even if it works out a bit dearer.  Selling when there is time pressure is daunting and shipping adds $1500 to the trip (plus serious amounts of paperwork you have to do), so you really need to want to give your bike an overseas holiday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version