General Category > General Discussion

Hmmm OzSTOC age poll

(1/1)

terrydj:
Hmmm I thinks, so heres a story.
Its 1974 and half way down NSW on the Newel, I've just pulled over on the bike for a couple of hours sleep, and as usual its on the side of the road. I'm on my way home, cause I have a week off from the army (Battle Wing JTC Canungra). So I'm settling down in the dirt and this voice says, mate feel like a cuppa. So heres this old bloke, maybe the age I am now, complete with a caravan and wife on their way back from a trip up North cause he's taken his long service.
So he and his lady tells me about their trip, and this one thing changed my life forever. They told me they should of done this years ago and how all they did was work :||||Promissed meself from that minute on my life would never be like that, and it never has. Funny thing is, I read and I hear what most say about age and all I do is laugh. Joined the ULYSSES once cause I thought it was just for older scumbag bikies but it only lasted 6 months cause all I heard was how they would ride their bikes when they were young, then they got married, sold the bike and then when the kids were gone they took it up again and how I should do this and how I should behave and and and and ????? . I left.
Me being me thinks "CRAP" I'm around the same age and when I got married kept the bike so I could go to work as not many had 2 cars. When I rode down to the Gold Coast on the weekend I maybe would see maybe 1 or 2 other bikes. Hmmmmm no body then had a bike just to ride on the weekends??????
So what I'm trying to say is that age is for those who want to try and impress someone, by either being younger or older. All I know is everyday above ground is a good one, no matter how bad it gets and just suck the guts out of it, " BECAUSE YOUR LIFE IS NOT A REHEARSAL FOR ANYTHING"
Hmmmm so at 55, I have been married for 35 years, to the only girlfriend I ever had, have tattos, wear T-shirts, jeans and boots, ride a bike near everyday, surround myself with fine women, still dance and still try and suck the guts out of life.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh but then you can be exactly what society wants eh 8)

hobs:
Good on you Terry,

Found myself in a similar reflective mood 4 years ago when told by the emergency services at my local hospital of having less that a 1% survival rate and likely to die within the next 2 hours. That can be a wake-up call on what's important in life. said goodbyes to family and loved ones (they can be the same people, ha,ha). 3 weeks on life support and a trip via rescue helicopter to a major Sydney hospital for some life saving surgery (which I wasn't expected to survive) by an awsome top medical team and here I am 4 years later enjoying a complete full life (bike riding, soccer, work) and living each day with the choice to enjoy life and being positive with everyone I meet and never, never, never sweat the small unimportant stuff. Life is full of choices for sure and it can be snatched away from from us at any time.
So put that 'bucket list' into action and just 'do it'.

terrydj:
Mate funny how when it comes to not having a choice your life can change eh. Happened to me more than a few times and I suppose the last time was when I got diagnosed with Cancer. But who cares, a brilliant surgeon, a big hole in me, some stuff I didn't need now gone and in January the all clear :thumbsup
But nothing for me ever changed. Suppoose my life and everyday has been outstanding cause I have never listened to the experts, never listened to those who knew better than me, only listened to those that said hello because they wanted to, those that shared my company because they wanted to,  and those mostly that society had rejected because as we all know society has done a real good job, and those society rejects to me are not the pretenders, their exactly who they are 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version