Honda ST1100 Section > Honda ST1100 General Questions

2000 ST1100 won't start

(1/1)

reSTraint:
Hi All, it's been quite a while since I've been here, so howdy.
My 2000 1100 won't start. I don't ride it much these days but keep on a trickle charge. The last time I tried to take her out, no go. The battery was dead, so I replaced it and the plugs. Now she cranks over beautifully but just won't fire up. Any ideas?

:agro:

Brock:
It may take a while to get fuel to the carbies, or the jets are blocked.

reSTraint:
Thanks for the quick reply. I rode it a month or two ago, it smells like there's fuel getting through. I put fresh fuel in.

Williamson:

--- Quote from: reSTraint on March 19, 2024, 06:21:17 PM ---Hi All, it's been quite a while since I've been here, so howdy.
My 2000 1100 won't start. I don't ride it much these days but keep on a trickle charge. The last time I tried to take her out, no go. The battery was dead, so I replaced it and the plugs. Now she cranks over beautifully but just won't fire up. Any ideas?

:agro:

--- End quote ---

Back to basics, three things need for a fire (it to fire up):

* Fuel - is fuel getting through?
* Ignition - new plugs, but is there spark?
* Oxygen - check that air is getting through, check the air filter, although even with little air, there'd normally be a splutter.

reSTraint:
I'll go through these things. Last time I rode her she was sputtering a fair bit, almost like it was running on 3 cylinders. If there was a blocked jet wouldn't it still fire up, albeit roughly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version