OzSTOC Events National & Local > Other Upcoming Rides + OzSTOC Ride Map and Calendar

Border Run and continuing on around

(1/6) > >>

saaz:
As the Border Run is fast approaching I have had to do up some sort of ride plan for keeping on going around doing the clockwise loop. I have until about 8th September or so to get back.  I have more details for destinations in between the main goals, but these are flexible based on those places I might stay at longer, or might get going earlier. I have not allocated much time around Perth as that is for next March, but I am revisiting places I went to in the early 80s on the old Suzuki.

Basic plan - get to by this date:

Border Village - 31 July
Bunbury via the coastal roads - 5 August
Perth - 7 August
Karatha - 12 August
Katherine - 20 August
Darwin area - 22 August
Cairns - 29 August
Kaleen - 8 September

I have done Mackay south quite a few times so will not be taking that long to get back from there. I want to spend more time in the top end and FNQ if possible, so can adjust dates to do that. This is a touristy scouting trip, a proper trip for later on for longer. No plans for any IBA rides either. Around 15,000kms all up, so pretty cruisy.

Hope to meet up with as many as I can on your home turf for once  :runyay  I will keep up with what is going on probably more than normal, as will be more time at night not doing much  :beer

ST2UP:
May the seat of your riding pants be invested with a 1000 hungry sand flies and your arms be to short to scratch......and have a awesome time while we all watch/listen with envy mate  WOW:

StinkyPete:
I'm envious Saaz. :well
I've been home from our FNQ epic for around seven weeks, and I'm champing at the bit to be on the road again.

winston66:
Sounds like a great adventure.
Do not forget to pencil in a stop over at my place in Northampton, if it is convenient. I  am 50 k north of Geraldton and approx 480  north of Perth , depending  where you start from in Perth.
Plenty of room and facilities here for  the important visitors.
I find the coastal highway north from Perth a much more pleasant ride than going via the Brand highway, from Perth to Geraldton.
Cheers, Winston66

saaz:
Sure will. It will all the new to me north of Perth.

--- Quote from: winston66 on July 22, 2015, 01:40:42 PM ---Sounds like a great adventure.
Do not forget to pencil in a stop over at my place in Northampton, if it is convenient. I  am 50 k north of Geraldton and approx 480  north of Perth , depending  where you start from in Perth.
Plenty of room and facilities here for  the important visitors.
I find the coastal highway north from Perth a much more pleasant ride than going via the Brand highway, from Perth to Geraldton.
Cheers, Winston66

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version