Author Topic: The Tin Foil Hat thread  (Read 107828 times)

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: The Tin Foil Hat thread
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2016, 06:21:30 PM »
Gyroscopic precession pertains to the observed "drift" of gyroscopes as they traverse the earth.
Pilots depending on basic gyroscopic instruments such as DGs periodically reset them by the magnetic compass.
That was before "glass cockpits" and GPSes.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Sabie

• Riding a Blue Angel
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2016, 06:53:11 PM »
Do you know what your talking about Biggles? Sounds like Mumbo Jumbo........  :p :p :p

(I'm joking Biggles ... I know your past occupation)

Gyroscopic precession pertains to the observed "drift" of gyroscopes as they traverse the earth.
Pilots depending on basic gyroscopic instruments such as DGs periodically reset them by the magnetic compass.
(Sabie pronounced Sab bee)

2004 Honda ST1300 Blue (Current)
2007 Yamaha VStar XVS 650 Classic (Current)
2011 Suzuki Boulevard C50T VL 800
2007 Yamaha XV 250 Virago
1980 CX500 Red
1980 CX500 Black
1979 CX500 Blue
1981 Honda XL 500s
1982 Yamaha XZ 550
1981 Honda XL 250s
1974 Honda Elsinore MT 250

Offline Brian

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Immortal
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2016, 06:58:02 PM »
I got a nose bleed jus reading that poST
I jus wanna ride my bike

09 ST1300 Charcoal Metallic (Grey GhoST)
09 ST1300 Candy Glory Red (Red MiST)

Online Nigel

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2016, 08:43:28 PM »

I would have thought that it was self explanatory......if you have ever been caught in a "drift of gyroscopes" you`ll know how dangerous that can be,  not to mention that if you don't` reset them occasionally you will be in deep do do.....Sir Humphrey nows best :grin...not putting to fine a point on it.  :H
Introducing My 2007 BMW K 1200 GT
Avoid Disappointment, Expect the Unexpected.
Nigel               0447333268
Mooroolbark But its a secret.

Online StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2016, 07:08:09 AM »

No adequate official explanation has ever been given for the collapse of WTC 7.
In fact, the 9/11 Commission Report failed to even mention its existence.
And FEMA, the only government agency to look into its collapse, has stated that
while fire damage is their official hypothesis as cause for the building to fall in a
perfectly symmetrical free-fall collapse, this hypothesis has, by their own admission,
"only a low probability of occurrence."
Larry Silverstein, who took over ownership of WTC 7 and the North and South Towers
just before 9/11, who signed a brand new insurance policy in July of 2001 for the buildings
specifically in case of potential terrorist attack, pocketed $1 billion when WTC 7 collapsed.
WTC 7 also housed numerous government agencies including the FBI, CIA, the SEC branch
investigating many of Wall Street's corporate fraud cases, and the OEM (Office of
Emergency Management), New York City and Rudy Giuliani's high-tech office bunker on the
23rd floor which housed state of the art 'defense' systems and military computers
tied into the central U.S. military command centers up and down the east coast.
It would seem reasonable to suggest that a serious investigation looking into the
wholly unexplainable collapse of a 47 story Manhattan high-rise would be interested
in these curious facts.

Here's some more information about this building collapse.    https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4085    Never let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. 
IBA #59146   OzLapper 2012 & 2019

BSA M21 600cc single (1948)
Yamaha XS650  (The Black Wobbler)
Yamaha XJR1300 (Rocket Ship)
Honda ST1300 (Beautiful Bike)
BMW R1200RT (Technically Perfect)

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2016, 09:46:23 AM »
That's a good one Pete, very logical :thumbs

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

The following users thanked this post: Flip

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • 98 ST1100 Portland, SW Vic coastal.
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2016, 11:27:36 AM »
For the 'Flat Earth' theorists, and the proclaimers that the 'horizon is always level'.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/31616584/jeff-williams-breathtaking-video-of-sunrise-over-earth-from-space/#page1

I can just imagine the space station running around the edges of a flat earth... um... wait a minute?... space travel is impossible... Right?
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2016, 11:42:21 AM »
For the 'Flat Earth' theorists, and the proclaimers that the 'horizon is always level'.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/31616584/jeff-williams-breathtaking-video-of-sunrise-over-earth-from-space/#page1

I can just imagine the space station running around the edges of a flat earth... um... wait a minute?... space travel is impossible... Right?

Come on Kev....  They obviously used Photoshop to fake it.

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2016, 12:18:22 PM »
 :crackup
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2016, 09:29:02 PM »
I had three calls today from 0261886079 telling me in a very stern voice that I am under investigation by the Tax Department, and I need to call the following number urgently.  Each call was "the final warning".
Oddly enough, just yesterday I had been in contact with the ATO disputing their PAYG assessment since I am no longer receiving any pay, having retired.
Certainly put a cat among my peaceful pigeons!
Until I simply put that number in Google search and found 39 other people who had the same calls.
Mongrel!

For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2016, 07:50:36 AM »

Oh - fallen for the "NASA LENSE" again - fisheye or CGI....     :thumb

FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2016, 12:11:18 PM »
Not quite sure just WHAT he has been smokin' ???

Brave Vladimir Putin has told senior staff and associates that Queen Elizabeth II is not human but is a ‘reptilian that shapeshifts between human and reptile form’ and according to sources close to the President he has witnessed her shapeshift ‘in the flesh, before his very eyes', and in his opinion, as a warning to him personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpDkH1B1PmY

Dunno who is sillier, ... Putin, or the person reporting this?
Link is dull, boring and repetitive after the first two minutes. ... lets migrate back to the flat earth theory.
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2016, 10:26:20 PM »
When people started to analyse the footage of 911, many sceptic septics said that the plane could have been military (swapped over in a close manouvre caught on radar - proof of that one later), or even CGI.

The video caught from this angle seems to support the CGI theory. Note that ALL vids from this angle show the same anomaly....

! No longer available

Coupled with the anomalies of the jet engine wreckage found in the street below was NOT FITTED to the aircraft type that hit the WTC, the fact that the alleged hijackers had NEVER FLOWN this type of aircraft before, many experienced pilots stating that they could not have managed the necessary manouvres for the pinpoint accurate flight path to hit the towers, the known speed of the aircraft was over 100 knots past the maximum allowable for the air frame (it should have disintegrated), and the terrorist pilot's passport being ejected FROM HIS POCKET, escaping the ensuing crash and fireball to land safely and unscathed in the street below is stretching the limits of plausibility to breaking point!
OzSTOC Life Member

Offline Flip

• 20 odd other bikes - FINALLY - ST Owner/Rider.
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2016, 01:29:21 AM »
Not quite sure just WHAT he has been smokin' ???

Brave Vladimir Putin has told senior staff and associates that Queen Elizabeth II is not human but is a ‘reptilian that shapeshifts between human and reptile form’ and according to sources close to the President he has witnessed her shapeshift ‘in the flesh, before his very eyes', and in his opinion, as a warning to him personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpDkH1B1PmY

Dunno who is sillier, ... Putin, or the person reporting this?
Link is dull, boring and repetitive after the first two minutes. ... lets migrate back to the flat earth theory.
********************************************************************************************
I ready wonder sometimes what all these fruit loop nutters did to pass the time before the internet came along ???   :CB--

Flip  o:)

:wht11
But I AM Napoleon I tell you !
Where am I now that I need me ???
ALL others on the roads are idiots - ride accordingly !
STOC # 5709.
Ulysses Club # 40064.

The following users thanked this post: Kev Murphy

Online StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2016, 08:10:16 AM »
OK I can settle the Flat Earth debate once and for all, and here's the photographic proof that will lay it to rest.    The sun is actually within our atmosphere, and here's a video of the sun among the clouds that proves it.   :thumbs   No further evidence is needed.   I'm now convinced, and will burn all of my astronomy books and write off  the weight of centuries of scientific inquiry as deliberately fraudulent.    The handfull of Flat Earthers were right, and the rest of us are either dishonest deceivers or simply deluded and gullible fools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpHeit8rzcU

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »
Don't feel bad friend. We've ALL been lied to.

Here is another example.....

! No longer available
OzSTOC Life Member

Online StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2016, 11:54:33 AM »
Thanks Diesel, but what I cant work out is....   Why have we been lied to, as all lies have a purpose??   

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2016, 07:34:36 PM »
Well - time for the port and smoking jackets....

It's about diminishing the greatness of God the Creator as well as the elite, illuminati, Nasa, etc covering up their own thieving, lying, syphoning of trillions of US taxpayer dollars over the years.

If the Earth was flat and the most glorious of God's creations, it would rightfully sit in the centre of the mantlepiece as the most prized creation of all. The Athiest Freemasons at Nasa want you to believe that you are nothing special, and are tucked away in an unimportant dusty part of the universe surrounded by many billions of potentially similar planets, and that you came from a giant fart giving birth to the universe and all its matter out of literally nothing!. The guy in the following clip explains WHY better than I can - but you have to get past his dull monotone dialogue and listen to the words he is saying.....

! No longer available

There are many things around us that scream the Earth is flat and still - NOT a spinning ball that can hold water, and rotates at 1,000mph and orbits at 66,000mph whilst doing a lap of a humungus galaxy at 480,000mph as well as flying away from a central point of the original big bang!

That is so much harder to believe. I don't know which is true - but there has never been a successful scientific experiment EVER showing the attracting force of gravity! (For instance - marbles on the floor next to a bowling ball, and they simply roll to the bowling ball). You can see an apple fall from the tree - but that is to do with bouyancy and density.

It has been a lot of fun seeing all the views and vids of people's opinions on this. Jury is still out though.
OzSTOC Life Member

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2016, 08:06:37 PM »
Now I understand- the flat earth is the centre of the universe which rotates around it, including the sun which isn't very far away at all.
There are references to "poles" and the "equator", yet neither of these things can exist on a flat earth, so I'm still a bit muddled in my thinking.
But I'm convinced by the sun beam coming directly across the ocean.  There is no way it could do that over a curved surface!

I'm also not quite able to see how someone with the skills to compose those graphics can't fully remove my niggling doubts that the earth isn't quite flat.

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2016, 08:17:25 PM »
Thanks for that second one, Diesel.  The commentator admits he doesn't know what's beyond Antarctica- probably more earth "as Admiral Byrd discovered".
I was misinformed. I thought that if you went south to the south pole from Australia and kept going, you'd eventually approach Africa from the south.  Maybe that's what Admiral Byrd discovered- "more earth"!

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2016, 08:18:48 PM »
Thanks Diesel, but what I cant work out is....   Why have we been lied to, as all lies have a purpose??   

It's so they can control our minds.  If Diesel took off his tinfoil hat, he too would be deceived as we are.     :'(

Offline Gadget

• Just Ridin'
« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »
How do they explain what I saw from the window of the plane as I traveled from Buenos Aires to Sydney over the edge of Antarctica. 12 hours of Sunset, over a very obviously curved horizon?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #197 on: May 24, 2016, 08:28:46 PM »
How do they explain what I saw from the window of the plane as I traveled from Buenos Aires to Sydney over the edge of Antarctica. 12 hours of Sunset, over a very obviously curved horizon?

Optical illusion caused by the curvature of the plane's window.
Even the aircraft builders are in on the deception.  We're all victims.  There is no hope.  Surrender now while there's still time!!!!

Offline Gadget

• Just Ridin'
« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2016, 08:31:22 PM »
But, but, but nothing looks curved on the ground. Now I'm confused.

Oh wait,  hang on,  I've worked it out, they've made the atmosphere into a fish eye lens.

Relax.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555

Online StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2016, 07:13:15 AM »
I wrote to Brian Dunning at "Skeptoid" when the Flat Earth stuff came up on this thread, and suggested that he do a review of his earlier flat earth episode, particularly to address the aircraft gyroscope and flight path arguments.  Within a couple of weeks he took up the challenge and produced an episode entitled "The New Flat Earthers", and here it is for your listening pleasure.    https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4521

This will never convert or satisfy the flat earth nutters believers, but one again I suggest that we don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.