Author Topic: Sena UHF Combination, help...  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
Sena UHF Combination, help...
« on: November 20, 2012, 05:14:22 PM »
Hello All,
             My bluetooth unit is a Sena SMH10, you can get a bluetooth device to go with it that you can run your UHF through, does anyone have one? and how does it work?

I want to run UHF as it means i dont miss out on all the chatter out there, below is a diagram of how it is supposed to work:

this is the gadget below:

The Sena SR10 is a Class 1 Bluetooth Two-way Radio adapter.  With the Sena SR10 you can connect  your UHF, two-way radio  with your Bluetooth intercom helmet headset.

There are FIVE (5) Supported  two ways Kenwood, Midland, motorola, I-com, YAESU. Connectors are sold separately.
SR10 has two AUX ports that enable you to connect non-Bluetooth devices such as radar detector or GPS navigation AM/FM Radios and MP3 Players, in fact any device that has a 3.5mm outlet.

Along with SR10, you can talk by phone or by two-way radios at the same time, listen to alarm signal from radar detector and listen to the guides from GPS Navigation.
Bluetooth hands-free adapter for two-way radios
Bluetooth hands-free gateway for mobile phones
Connect 1 two-way radio and 1 mobile phone simultaneously
Compatible with standard stereo or mono Bluetooth headsets
AUX input for GPS, radar or laser detectors
Handlebar mounting & belt clamping
Wired PTT button extension for handlebar grip mounting
Optional 12V bike-powered kit with on/off control by ignition switch
Firmware upgradeable
Two-year limited warranty
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
Re: Sena UHF Combination, help...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »
Streak, the best person to talk to would be Dale, but I suspect that he will say that if your UHF does not have Bluetooth connectivity then you will need to hard-wire the inputs and outputs to the SR10 unit which in turn links to the headset unit (the SMH10) via Bluetooth. You can also use the same SR10 to connect to an MP3 player which does not have Bluetooth at the same time, for example. That is what it looks like from a quick glance at the picture and a quick read of the handbook on line at the Sena website. Dale can even make the leads for you I suspect! :phone
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline DaleMcLean

• It's just me ;-)
Re: Sena UHF Combination, help...
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 08:37:54 PM »
Dale can even make the leads for you I suspect! :phone
Sorry guys I dont support the opposition anymore   >:().

If they cant do it you've bought the wrong stuff  :||||.

I have numerous calls each week where people ask such, but have to say sorry, I'm in business to sell stuff I KNOW works, and can advise as such.

Too many "box sellers" making  a living off stuff they know not enough about, or dont even use themselves  :'(
I may ride a Ducati, but I've rode lots of (other peoples :-) ) ST's

What I do www.DMME.com.au and www.StarCom1.com.au