Honda ST1100 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1100

LED Dash lights

(1/4) > >>

Calsonic:
Hey all,

I did an upgrade of my dash lights today to LED units. Was a pretty simple task and the units I bought from Ebay were perfect. I went with green to see how it would look. It certainly lights up much better than the traditional globes. However, I think green makes the dash look so much older hahaha

Anyway, I ordered some blue ones to try since its a pretty simple task to swap them out. I'm also swapping all the warning lights to LED as well. Might as well give the whole dash a new lease of life.

Cheers

Calsonic

Brock:
They should last a while too.

Did they come with dropping resistors?? Leds wont last long on straight 12 Volts

ruSTynutz:

--- Quote from: Calsonic on November 22, 2020, 09:51:56 PM ---Hey all,

I did an upgrade of my dash lights today to LED units. Was a pretty simple task and the units I bought from Ebay were perfect. I went with green to see how it would look. It certainly lights up much better than the traditional globes. However, I think green makes the dash look so much older hahaha

Anyway, I ordered some blue ones to try since its a pretty simple task to swap them out. I'm also swapping all the warning lights to LED as well. Might as well give the whole dash a new lease of life.

Cheers

Calsonic

--- End quote ---

Any chance of some pics?
Cheers  :beer

StinkyPete:

--- Quote from: ruSTynutz on November 22, 2020, 10:24:08 PM ---Any chance of some pics?
Cheers  :beer

--- End quote ---

:thumb    :popcorn

Calsonic:
Sorry I didn't do pics this go around but I have just ordered the blue LEDs so I'll be giving it another go in a week or two and I'll do a full guide for you all.

I believe these LED's have all the componants they need to survive under 12volts as they are sold as T10 replacements. And even though they look pretty big, they fit nicely.

Anyway, When I do it all again I'll do the pics and full guide :-)

Cheers

Calsonic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version