Honda ST1300 Section > Honda ST1300 General Questions

St1300 broken key

(1/3) > >>

Fossil178:
Hi all, new to forums so bear with me. Just getting ready for a trip found my ign key was twisted, on closer inspection have realised it is all but broken about a third of the way down and will not survive another start (was very lucky it did not break in the switch). So go get the spare to find it is not coded. If i use the uncoded key in the ign and hold the broken coded one against it the bike will start. So the question is can i swap the broken key blade with the unbroken key blade (or swap the plastic bit with the electronics) this will get me out of touble.
Regards fossil178

Brookester:
Answer is yes, but can also go to any locksmith and get a new coded key also. There is also the choice to get non-coded keys for your side boxes to protect your coded keys from breaking-twisting. A shorter one is also possible for side boxes.

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Brookester on September 18, 2023, 03:30:24 PM ---Answer is yes, but can also go to any locksmith and get a new coded key also. There is also the choice to get non-coded keys for your side boxes to protect your coded keys from breaking-twisting. A shorter one is also possible for side boxes.

--- End quote ---

Ditto to all of the above.

Biggles:
About $130 for a coded key.
Be aware the ECU will only accept 4 coded keys.

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Biggles on September 18, 2023, 05:30:17 PM ---About $130 for a coded key.
Be aware the ECU will only accept 4 coded keys.

--- End quote ---

I think it was @Lawrence that suggested $60 down this way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version