Honda ST1300 Section > Fuel & Additives ST1300

ST1300 Fuel Filter replacement....

(1/3) > >>

Diesel:
http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?64006-ST1300-Fuel-Filter-Remove-Replace

Cheers, Diesel

youngSTer:
Hi Diesel, Where is the charcoal filter?

youngSTer:
Hi All, I have just replaced the fuel filter on my STeed. The process is far more involved than what is on the US ST site.
But it is done now.
The best outcome so far is that when I turned the filter upside down a small cup full of water and other nasties came out.
My ST has only 46,000ks on it. So I don't know where Honda get their recommendation from for a 100,000k change.
Will do a run tomorrow and see what improvement this has made.

youngSTer:

--- Quote from: youngSTer on June 01, 2013, 04:24:12 PM ---Hi All, I have just replaced the fuel filter on my STeed. The process is far more involved than what is on the US ST site.
But it is done now.
The best outcome so far is that when I turned the filter upside down a small cup full of water and other nasties came out.
My ST has only 46,000ks on it. So I don't know where Honda get their recommendation from for a 100,000k change.
Will do a run tomorrow and see what improvement this has made.

--- End quote ---

The reason that I did change the filter was the even idle speed and running at under 2500 rpm in traffic. Made riding in traffic very jerky
(not the kind you chew) and unpredictable as to what response you would get when having to get on the gas.

youngSTer:
Hi Gavo, yes I have just been on a 100k ride through Brisbane and the idling speed is now consistent and slow running under 2500 rpm is as smooth as a baby's bottom. Also bike will now accelerate from 2000 rpm while traveling on undulating roads while riding behind slow riders without wanting to show off and get on the gas and overtake.

Well worth doing. Fuel consumption is just on 18 k's/litre and that in city traffic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version