No Parking Zone! > Off Topic, Off Colour, and non-motorcycle related

The Tin Foil Hat thread

(1/122) > >>

Marcus:
This thread is for all things conspiracy theory.

Don that Tin foil hat so the satellite can't monitor you...

Here's one of mine...

The Australian Postal Service and the US postal service, along with their partner international Carriers UPS (who I'll point out now own TNT Express as well as Qantas and Australia Post Buying Star Track Express) and they all have secret meetings in the attempt price fix the cost of international freight.

Case in point...when the dollar first came on par with the US and everyone started buy cheap products, Because it was cheap and the freight was cheap enough to justify it. These courier moguls decided to start protecting their interests and slowly started increasing the cost of freight, to what you have today...

Image one. From RAM US website...take a look at the shipping.

Image 2 from Johnny Appleseed here in AUS

So now it becomes cheaper to buy a product in Australia at inflated prices. Because if you include the overseas freight it becomes ridiculous to even think about looking elsewhere...

TL;DR (To long didn't read)
All the courier companies are price fixing to stop overseas imports

Give me you best conspiracy theory.

Biggles:
Mine isn't a conspiracy, because it's a monopoly.
AusPost is upping letter rates from 60¢ to 70¢ because they are losing business to email communications.
A 17% jump in about 5 years, well ahead of inflation.
I received a card that was 14 mm too tall with a 60¢ stamp and a sticker demanding $2.10 punitive fee for not putting on two 60¢ stamps.
AusPost says their parcel post has been subsidising their letter post.  They've been making a killing since eBay etc emerged.  I didn't notice any discounting going on while they enjoy the boom times (that continue in online shopping).

Whizz:
To send a letter you need to;
1) Write the Letter
2) Put it in an envelope
3) Write the Address the envelope
4) Lick and stick a Stamp to the envelope (now at $0.70 for even the smallest letter)
5) Go out and find a Post Office
6) Find the right post box and stick the envelope in it
7) Wait for an unspecified number of days before the envelope is delivered.

To send an email you need to;
1) Write the message
2) Tap the "Send" key. (Total cost just about NOTHING!!!)

OK, so which do you prefer??  :think1 :think1

Lionel:
It depends on the contents.
If you don't want the NSA and other agencies sifting through your private business then use snail mail.

Biggles:

--- Quote from: Lionel on October 25, 2013, 04:16:06 AM ---It depends on the contents.
If you don't want the NSA and other agencies sifting through your private business then use snail mail.

--- End quote ---

Clever recovery to the thread from our hijacks.    :thumb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version