Author Topic: iPhone remote controller iNav  (Read 2359 times)

Offline zevk

• ST1300ABS
iPhone remote controller iNav
« on: November 01, 2014, 04:18:42 PM »
For anyone interested....here is a NIFTY little device called iJet /  iNav $29.00 + $13.00 shipping (allow 3-4 weeks from U.S.)

I have been using a small Phillips MP3 player that was "hard wired" > down the bars > under the tank > to a volume controller >  to a 3 pin DIN socket installed on the black cowl cover of the rebound shock controller > to my custom made audio earmolds (Hearlink).... whewwww.... >:()

I wanted an option that would allow me NOT to be "tethered" to the bike, for easy and quick mount  / dismount and a cleaner look.

This little device allows you to control all iphone music, play, pause, next / prev track, volume up/down and keep your iphone in your jacket pocket connected to your helmet speakers earphones or like mine, earmolds.  So when I dismount I have no wires attached to the bike, I only need to disconnect the phone from my earmolds.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nano-iPod-iPhone-iJet-Nav-Elite-Wireless-Remote-Control-in-Black-/280819163020?pt=US_MP3_Player_Accessory_Bundles&hash=item4162205f8c

it works with all iPhones (and other Apple products ONLY) but if you have an iPhone 5, or newer, you will also require an ORIGINAL Apple lightning 8 -30 pin converter ($48)
(I initially purchased  a cheap $3 ebay converter and it did not work...only good for charging) 

I cut a a small L shaped steel plate,  bolted and epoxy to the back of my heated grip controller.

The device is then mounted to the steel plate with Velcro and tethered (not shown in pic) for safe installation and easy removal.

The device does not interfere with my Scala Q4 Multiset and i can make and accept calls, the music will auto mute, then returns to play, when call ended.

I know many riders have Autocom and other audio mounted devices, this is not that cheap, but works for me.

so far so good    :thumbs 

Zev

Offline zevk

• ST1300ABS
Re: iPhone remote controller iNav
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 07:19:40 PM »
Ride report for the ijet iPhone controller..... 8/10 overall

Works as expected, I stuck on small furniture buttons available from bunnings to assist with pressing the buttons   Works well

:thumbsup
Zev