Bikes Other than ST 11/1300 > Other Bike Discussions

BMW R1200RT Service Costs

(1/2) > >>

StinkyPete:
Info for prospective owners of an RT
The service interval on my RT is 10,000km and dealer service costs alternate between $350 for a standard service and $750 for a major service.  Every service has included software updates.
She's had the Standard 50k service yesterday, and now that my warranty period has expired, I'll probably be doing the standard service with oil and filter changes myself.

Tyre life, irrespective of what tyres are fitted, seems to be around 10,000km, which is much less than I expected.

Jdbiker:
Service intervals and costs seem on par with most major makes  :like, surprised at tire wear though, what would you get on the ST previously? On our trip west  the Dunlop roadsmart 3 tires have done 16000+kms with still about a mm left at the TWI.

StinkyPete:
Tyre wear is a shock, considering the Beemer is lighter than the ST.    I was getting up to 20,000km from PR4's on the ST, but got just 7,500km from a PR4 on my lap with the Beemer....   :eek      I am advised that the police get around 10k from whatever tyre they fit to the RT's.  I'm currerntly running Pirelli Angels which are supposed to give good mileage.

LindsayGT:
I’ve been logging wear on my Pirelli Angel GTs. The rear was installed at 26000km with 6.3mm tread depth. I can’t recall if this was to a wear indicator.

I just measured the wear at 35614km. Still 3.5mm to the wear indicator at numerous places around the Tyre.. I’m happy with that, though I might not make it to Tassie and back home.

I discarded my last Angel GT at 20000km with less than a mm left. Too flat on the centre and scalloped.

Wear on the front is a different story. Discarded the front Angel GT in Mackay last year after 8000km because of horribly uneven wear.
Replaced with a PR4 and managed 13000km.

My 30000km service which included valve check, cost me $885.

Langers:
Pete, does the $350 include the fluids, filters and sundry other standard consumables for the service?
Cheers ... Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version