Author Topic: Swan Reach RTE  (Read 732 times)

Offline Shillas

• SA NatRally 2022
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Better Red than Dead
Swan Reach RTE
« on: August 15, 2021, 08:46:30 PM »
I gave myself a bit more time to get to the RTE today and to get home as well, stopping off to get some photos and promote next year's NatRally. Hopefully by this time next year, lockdown and border restrictions will be a thing of the past with a good vaccination rate.

Left home, took the usual route to work at Murray Bridge, but kept going over the 1879 bridge, the first to span the Murray River. Then down past Mannum through Bowhill. Obviously a good washing day, stopped for this. Owners nowhere to be seen.

A bit further on, this old ruin.

A bit further on than that, was passed by a  :rd13 heading the other way, gave a wave and pulled into a parking bay to take some photos of the river, to have that  :rd13 pull in, meeting Dragonstaff, who was a bit early for the RTE & decided to get some more ks in.

Onto Swan Reach to find a few others.

We allowed the Longriders MC to lunch there as well, so many Hardley Workings. Also a few other riders, including a Goldwing. I think the rider of that was the one wearing new matching leathers. I had picked him as a BMW rider, but they weren't BMW branded.

On the way home, took the Swan Reach ferry with Johnny Yted, Bodø, Langers & Julie but found the road I intended to take turned to dirt. Back to Swan Reach, then to Walker Flat for another ferry. Over the river again, then to Purnong for another ferry. Final river trip was the ferry across at Mannum, then home via Monarto, the home of the largest open range zoo in the southern hemisphere.

Six river crossings in all, around 350 kms all up.

A great days ride, good to see Johnny again and meet Dragonstaff and catch up with the usual RTE crowd.
Shillas :13Candy

CB 125 - long gone
RD 200 - long gone
CB 250T - long gone
XJ 650 - reasonably long gone
XV 750 - reasonably long gone
VN 800 - gone
ST 1100 - recently gone
ST 1300 - In the garage

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose, johnnyYTED, Jdbiker, Langers, ruSTynutz, Dragonstaff

Offline Shillas

• SA NatRally 2022
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Better Red than Dead
Re: Swan Reach RTE
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 03:29:07 PM »
A late addition is the a google maps route:

Shillas :13Candy

CB 125 - long gone
RD 200 - long gone
CB 250T - long gone
XJ 650 - reasonably long gone