Author Topic: 2022-01-15 Narrung Ride To Eat  (Read 977 times)

Bodø

2022-01-15 Narrung Ride To Eat
« on: January 16, 2022, 07:24:18 AM »
Firstly a special thanks to John G and Kahrin whom when the discussion went from moving the RTE from the proposed indoor venue offered to go to Narrung and set up camp and lunch for us at the jetty campsite.  it turned out to be a pleasant afternoon and probably one of our latest departures from lunch in the last year or so.

My day started with me clearing my post office box before taking the back way along Belair National Park to the freeway at Crafers.  I knew there were roadworks at the bottom of the freeway (thanks to work) so avoided that.  Actually I think it's the first road trip I have done in a long long time where I haven't encountered roadworks  at all.

I snapped this big bicycle at Tailem Bend.  Not sure if it counts as a big thing so it goes in here.

The drone got its first outing at the Bend Motorsports Complex in neighboring Elwomple.  The photos has a few setting, one which is "smart" and the other is "simple".  For the most part the simple setting is garbage and the photos tend to be very white, but yesterday in the cloudy weather on the phone didn't look too bad.  Back on the computer at home did look awful, but judge for youselves as I'll post both.

I passed a few ruins yesterday.  No road trip in South Australia is complete without them.  I'm not sure if this one was in Yumali, Meningie East or Waltowa.  The gopro ran the full length of the Yumali to Meningie Raod so I shall confirm when I watch that footage.

This one is definitely Waltowa.

No visit to Meningie is complete without checking out the big pelican.  I've stopped here many times but only recently learned there is a second carving on the back.

Having had my Spotwalla account purged last month my only GPS tracking was Greenalp.  The route here.

From there I took the back way into Narrung via Meninge West where I found more abandoned buildings, although this one still has its roof.

After arriving and a yarn with John popped the drone up for some photos before everyone else rocked up.  John asked me if I could get photos of the lighthouse with it.  I figured I was too far away and didn't attempt it, but in hindsight looking at footage on the computer I could definitely have got some good shots.  I guess I'll just have to go back another day.

Back to terrestrial cameras I snapped Stinky Pete and Shillas arriving.

The drone got one final outing for the group photo.  One advantage it has is that everyone can be in the photo.

Having not taken a ferry to get here I took the Narrung ferry and Wellington ferry on the run home.  This was the latter.  There's a new café in Wellington East so I might check that out one day.

I made too many comfort stops coming home, firstly at Langhorne Creek then here at Clarendon before busting to go again when I got home.

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Jdbiker, Shillas, ruSTynutz, Dragonstaff

Bodø

Re: 2022-01-15 Narrung Ride To Eat
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 09:45:46 AM »
Some video footage from the trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyzcUaiHlV8

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, ruSTynutz

Online Jdbiker

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 01:42:01 PM »
Great pics and video Bodo San :like, thanks for sharing.
Jdbiker.
2008 red ST1300A
1980 Yamaha XS 1100
1974. Yamaha TX 500 sold
1984   Kawasaki GT 750
1975  Honda GL1000 selling

Honda XL 250 sold
Suzuki TS 100
2000 Honda ST1100P
1988 Enfield Bullet 350
 1941 Royal Enfield WD/C 350 engine
2021 Royal Enfield Bullet 500
2024 Honda Transalp coming

Offline Langers

• Legendary Member
  • 2008 ST 1300 (sold) 2018 V-Strom 1000
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 10:13:30 PM »
Thanks Bodo. The comfort stops will be due to the Heineken Zero. Never trust a zero alcohol beer - but at least you can ride guilt free.
FarRider #726
Mobile: 0418 817 851

Bodø

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 05:09:07 AM »
The comfort stops will be due to the Heineken Zero. Never trust a zero alcohol beer - but at least you can ride guilt free.

I did contemplate that but if that was the case it should have worn off by now.  I had an entire day of discomfort yesterday and consequently rang in sick for today and booked an doctor's appointment.

Offline richo

• Richo
  • Legendary Member
  • ST 2009
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 05:15:18 AM »
 ++another great report.  Sorry  I missed the ride
Richo

Offline StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 05:44:40 AM »
It's such a lovely spot that we chatted about having an overnight Camper/Caravan RTE there.  It's free, but there's no power.  Most of us have vans of some sort and spare tents for those that don't.

One of the higlights of the day was when a local aboriginal chap on a Harley pulled up to say g'day.   He was wearing "Longriders" colours  (https://www.longriders.com.au/about_us) and before he headed on his way he offered us a "Welcome to Country".  It was a gracious and welcoming gesture from a fellow motorcyclist.
IBA #59146   OzLapper 2012 & 2019

Yamaha XS650  (The Black Wobbler)
Yamaha XJR1300 (Rocket Ship)
Honda ST1300 (Beautiful Bike)
BMW R1200RT (Technically Perfect)

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker, ruSTynutz

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 05:46:17 AM »
Yes he did.  I forgot to mention that in my report.