Author Topic: 2022-04-23 Freeling Ride To Eat  (Read 688 times)

2022-04-23 Freeling Ride To Eat
« on: April 25, 2022, 06:13:12 AM »
My day started in daylight hours with a short ride along the Northern Connector and Fatchen to the Sturt Highway before pulling off at Nuriootpa.  I walked inside this water tower.

I've stopped at Angaston so many times it's getting hard to photograph something new but I can't be sure if I had this church or not.

The reason I came this way was to check out Moculta as I had never been there before.  This was one of several photos I took there.

I continued up the Hunter Highway* to Truro.

Today's selfie comes compliments of Saint Kitts.  Nevis can't be too far away.  For the record, it's not a very ST friendly road.

Two more churches from Ebenezer.  The old Saint John's Lutheran church looks in a poor state and probably isn't that far from crumbing.  It looked worse close up than it did from where I took this photo.  The new Neukirck Pilgram Lutheran church is about three kilometres away.  Neu kirch literally means new church in German.

Ironically the neighboring locality is called Saint Johns.  That's where I found this closed off road and bridge across the Light River.  I have no idea where the old road went because on the other side is just bush.  A google map search says it's Mcarthy Lake Road and there is google street view of it so it was open as recent as 2008.  It just led back to Truro Road.

This mural was in Kapunda.  Lest we forget.  There was a monument there as well.

My first drone flight of the day was in Kapunda.  I had hoped to put it up in Angaston but didn't pass a suitable take off spot.

Freeling has exploded since I passed through on the way to the Balaklave RTE in 2018, especially the eastern end towards the Theile Highway.  I spotted this tag bus on the way into town.

First to arrive.  That suited me because I wanted to get some drone footage before everyone else rocked up.

From behind a tree I managed to snap a photo of a womble stumbling upon a wildlife camera.  The womble came from Brisbane.

The Gungullan Hotel was our venure for the RTE.  This was used in the filming of Macleod's Daughters.  I have never seen the show if truth be told.

We were the last to vacate out tables, but that meant we could get our group photo in front of the iconic artwork.

After lunch most of the gang headed east to the Theile Highway whereas I headed west to the Horrocks Highway, then from there a straight ride along the Horrocks, Sturt, Northern Connector and South Road home.

*disclaimer:
The Hunter Highway may not be an actual highway. (getting in before Williamson pipes up)  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 09:37:44 AM by Bodø »

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose, johnnyYTED, Jdbiker, Langers, Shillas, ruSTynutz, Dragonstaff

Offline StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Blackwood, SA
Re: 2022-04-23 Freeling Ride To Eat
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 07:04:25 AM »
I had a lovely day out, and it was so great to catch up with Cerebral Knievel who had ridden from Queensland to have lunch with us, and JohnnyYTED who came over from Sydney.   It's great to be able to celebrate our passion for riding with friends who are prepared to come so far for a lunch with fellow OzSTOC members.
IBA #59146   OzLapper 2012 & 2019

Yamaha XS650  (The Black Wobbler)
Yamaha XJR1300 (Rocket Ship)
Honda ST1300 (Beautiful Bike)
BMW R1200RT (Technically Perfect)

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose, johnnyYTED, Jdbiker, ruSTynutz

Online Wild Rose

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Toowoomba, Qld
Re: 2022-04-23 Freeling Ride To Eat
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 10:27:21 AM »
Bodo great photos and write up of the RTE  :hatwave
Leo (Wild Rose)
Honda ST 1300
:rd13       :blk13                            :Spyder
 2002                            New 29-04-13 

Ulysses #49154
FarRider #243