Farkles, Gear & Accessories > What have you done in the shed today

An afternoon in the shed.

<< < (14/14)

Dragonstaff:

--- Quote from: ruSTynutz on April 12, 2024, 09:28:14 PM ---Cheers Dave... :thumbs

That sidecar even has suspension...much more sophisticated than mine as it had none...lol

--- End quote ---

Quite an interesting design too. A quarter-eliptic leaf spring and an adjustable gas strut. It seems to work ok, and didn't bounce much, even on the rough bits of the road. It was empty too, and weighs bugger all. I could lift it onto my bench quite easily.

That fairing on the CB almost looks like a CX650 ED one.

ruSTynutz:

--- Quote from: Dragonstaff on April 13, 2024, 07:13:35 PM ---That fairing on the CB almost looks like a CX650 ED one.

--- End quote ---

It does a bit...but it wasn't off one, pretty sure it was off some early model honda 250.
I picked it up from a "clearance" bin at, I believe, Geof Taylor Motorcycles in Dandenong.
Anyhow, guess it doesn't matter...  :think1

I may or may not still have it in my garage as I removed it (and the chair) from the CB250 before I sold it.

I'm pretty sure I still have the bikini fairing (along with a few other bits & pieces) from my old Honda CX500EC packed away in a box too!  >:()

ruSTynutz:

--- Quote from: Dragonstaff on April 13, 2024, 07:13:35 PM ---Quite an interesting design too. A quarter-eliptic leaf spring and an adjustable gas strut. It seems to work ok, and didn't bounce much, even on the rough bits of the road.
--- End quote ---

The only suspension on mine were some rubber blocks between the body and the chassis.
Oh, I did run 7psi of pressure in the sidecar tyre which helped iron out some of the bumps. :grin
It actually rode surprisingly well, considering...smooth enough that my ex-wife travelled to a Rally in it while she was 7 1/2 months pregnant!  :whistle  >:()

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version