Author Topic: 24 JUNE Tassie RTE, because everyone else is.  (Read 8511 times)

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
24 JUNE Tassie RTE, because everyone else is.
« on: June 11, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »
Any takers for a RTE on the 24th?

Offline walton

• Glen Waverley, Victoria
    • My Spot
Re: 24 JUNE Tassie RTE, because everyone else is.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 02:50:20 PM »
I might be back on a milk tanker by then. If I am, I'm in! If not.....  :cuss
1998 ST1100P
FarRider #440
Let's Ride!

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 03:36:30 PM »
All going well, I'll be in for it................where do you have in mind Carsten?? :well
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Sim

• A ride you say? LeST go!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 04:35:29 PM »
Hi All, I can only make every second weekend due to family commitments, and the 24th is one of those weekends i have the kids - Sorry cannot make it. Let me know of any change of date or future ride dates.
 :blu13
Sim
CBR1100XX
ST1300A '05 (sold)

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 12:09:53 PM »
I guess it all all depends on Walton's attendance (no pressure, no pressure at all) as to whether we go central or a  squirt up the east coast if John can't make it. 

Offline walton

• My Spot
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »
You can go where you like. If I can make it, I'll go anywhere. :thumbsup
1998 ST1100P
FarRider #440
Let's Ride!

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »
How about St. Marys at 12.30 p.m. and then find somewhere there to eat.  Us southerners meet at Sorell at the cafe on the Port Arthur side at 9.30 a.m.  About 200 odd km for us and 300 km for John.  Any thoughts?  Would be quite happy to pull the pin at any time if the weather is crap.  Winter RTE a little bit different down here.

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 11:50:15 PM »
About 290kls for me as well................not sure which cafe in Sorell you mean mate!

How about St. Marys at 12.30 p.m. and then find somewhere there to eat.  Us southerners meet at Sorell at the cafe on the Port Arthur side at 9.30 a.m.  About 200 odd km for us and 300 km for John.  Any thoughts?  Would be quite happy to pull the pin at any time if the weather is crap.  Winter RTE a little bit different down here.
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 01:22:36 AM »
The cafe we stopped at when we all rode back from Nubeena after visiting Diesel (and his car).  Corner of Cole and Pelham Street at the roundabout.

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 01:23:45 AM »
Might have a few other (non ST's) interested in the ride.

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 08:54:14 AM »
That's fine, I know where you mean. They closed the cafe down recently because the owner put their rent up too much but I think it could have re opened under new management.  I can check that out..........

But, I'm having second thoughts as to whether I'll make the ride. I got to thinking last night about the distance home after leaving St Marys (290kls) and if I didn't get away from there until 1.30pm then there's no way I could make it home before dark................now, you know I'm not afraid of the dark, but I am afraid of the critters that start running, hopping and jumping around once it starts getting dark here on the Peninsula. >:() It starts to get dark here around 4.30 at the moment and I know I couldn't make it back here before then. You might think I'm a little paranoid, and maybe I am, but if you'd seen the size of some of the huge wombats I've seen lately then you'd understand why. I saw three of them recently near the side of the road within 150 metres of each other..........and if you think they don't run, then think again >:().......I've had one run straight across in front of my car and that was before dark. I was stunned as to how fast he ran. Hitting one of them is like hitting a brick wall.........I know because unfortunately I hit one once when I was driving the Ambulance at night.........being almost black they're so damm hard to see. So mate, I think St Mary's for me will be a summer run, 8) )when the days are longer and it doesn't get dark until 9.30pm.

I don't mind missing out as I can ride almost any day I choose, provided the kids don't put a spoke in the works that is!!

We'll catch up mate!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:59:41 AM by Couch »

Offline ktmgeoff

• Legend !!!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »
Well. I'll have to see if I can make this one, mmm all those corners..Weldborough Pass, Weld Hill, St Marys pass,  8) just have to watch out for the shades of green under the trees though  :eek. Unless I ride my other scooter through to Mathinna  :think1 + as long as it's not raining.
Which brings me to the subject of heated grips, what do you chaps run, el cheapo stick ons under grips or Oxford types ?
cheers Geoff                             :bl11
A man has to know his limitations !
Blue ST1100 Year ???? Can't remember lol

Offline Sim

• A ride you say? LeST go!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
just have to watch out for the shades of green under the trees though
... AND watching out for the Log Trucks in your part of the world - they take up *more* than a fair share of the road at times  >:() - more than an ST can bear!!! - great if you could make it along, unfortunately i can't (this time).
Cheers, Sim
 :blu13
CBR1100XX
ST1300A '05 (sold)

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 04:37:16 PM »
I have Oxford "Hot Grips" from ebay and had them wired through the ignition.  Walton has the same and mounted just below the headlight adjustor on the left hand side.  Have only just had them fitted (saw Walton's and had to have them).  Be good to meet you, if you can make it.  St.Marys might be a little "fluid"  If Walton cant make it we might meet a little further south and then Couch might make it.  See what happens.

Offline walton

• My Spot
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 05:54:47 PM »
Chances are that I'll be working and therefore not able to attend. So pick a destination further south if you like and if I can get the time off I'll be there.
It's a pretty small place so as far as I can go and back is only 1000km  :wht11
Unfortunately, some of those Km's are dark, wet and windy.  :cuss
1998 ST1100P
FarRider #440
Let's Ride!

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
So Barry, how about Bicheno and then back over Lake Leake.  Meet at Sorell at 10 a.m. and aim for Bicheno at 12.30 for lunch.  Hoping that Geoff can still make it.  You still in Kev?

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 07:20:55 PM »
Carsten.....I'd be in the same boat mate.....it's still 284 kls from Bicheno back to Nubenna via the Lake Leake Road for me, so I still wouldn't hit home before dark. I'd like to do the ride but............

Please understand, it's not the distance, I can do that standing on my head..............but I'd want to be home by 1600 hours (4.00 pm).

If John can't make it and you want to consider Swansea, then I'd be in, you guys could still ride the Lake Leake road back home, and I could head back on the Coast Road.
Please don't feel obligated to change for me though, I really don't expect you to do that!

So Barry, how about Bicheno and then back over Lake Leake.  Meet at Sorell at 10 a.m. and aim for Bicheno at 12.30 for lunch.  Hoping that Geoff can still make it.  You still in Kev?

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 07:35:21 PM »
I believe the Oxford grips work quite well.............but I've fitted Honda OEM grips and they're fantastic......more expensive, but really good! I really like the controller which has 4 heat settings and is mounted below the left fairing pocket. (see pic below)

Well. I'll have to see if I can make this one, mmm all those corners..Weldborough Pass, Weld Hill, St Marys pass,  8) just have to watch out for the shades of green under the trees though  :eek. Unless I ride my other scooter through to Mathinna  :think1 + as long as it's not raining.
Which brings me to the subject of heated grips, what do you chaps run, el cheapo stick ons under grips or Oxford types ?
cheers Geoff                             :bl11
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:41:29 PM by Couch »

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »
Would 12 midday, at Bicheno work Barry?  Bicheno to Nubeena back down the east coast would get you back before 4 p.m.

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 12:50:30 PM »
Kev...............I know that it's a 3 hour trip home from Bicheno so if we met up at 12.00 and I could get away by 1.00 then I should make it home by 4.00, provided I don't get held up anywhere. I'll think on that one Kev and see how the weather looks closer to the day!   But mate........don't feel you have to change plans for me! :)

Would 12 midday, at Bicheno work Barry?  Bicheno to Nubeena back down the east coast would get you back before 4 p.m.

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 05:05:13 PM »
Dementia mate!!................no other excuse! :o

Kev...............I know that it's a 3 hour trip home from Bicheno so if we met up at 12.00 and I could get away by 1.00 then I should make it home by 4.00, provided I don't get held up anywhere. I'll think on that one Kev and see how the weather looks closer to the day!   But mate........don't feel you have to change plans for me! :)

Baz, I think you have replied to the wrong person, i'm kev, he's Carsten....

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 07:32:18 PM »
Who said that???????

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »
bump :)
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »
I'm not sure at this stage if I'll be able to make Sunday even if the weather's fine. I have my Landcruiser advertised for sale on Carsales.com and I've had an enquiry from a guy in Legana who is coming down to inspect the car either on Saturday or Sunday, and at this point of time is uncertain which day he can come down. This guy's really interested and there's not that many buyer's around with the sort of money I'm asking, so until I know what's what..............sorry, I'm up in the air :eek

If he comes on Saturday.....I'm in...... :grin            And if he buys my car.......... :runyay

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »
Posted as attending (best I could work out anyway):

Kev
Couch ( who will have sold his car and is shouting the coffee apparently)
Walton
KtmGeoff
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63