Author Topic: Heated vest????  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Heated vest????
« on: June 23, 2012, 08:03:33 PM »
Hey Carsten..............I recall you mentioned in a post recently (which I now cannot locate) that you'd invested in a heated vest/liner.........I'm just wondering what brand you brought and where you purchased it from??  With temps down as low as 1 degree recently I'm just considering the value of slipping one on! I know they can be picked up on Ebay and brought in from the US as well as buying locally...........but, I'm just wondering where you got your's from?? :)
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
Re: Heated vest????
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:12:53 PM »
Hey Baz.  I bought a Jett Vest and really good.  I also brought an extra battery.  There is a link in the Farkles and Gear section under "Heated Jacket" from Down Under.  I cant find the original post either here or in Farriders that led me to the vest.  You've posted in the "Heated Jacket" post.

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 01:44:44 PM »
Thanks Kev.  My computer skills would have me still sitting here trying to link it. 

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »
Thanks fellas I appreciate your help :)....................I've spent most of the day on the web checking out what's best in the heated vests/liners and I've come to the conclusion that if I'm going to get into heated gear at all, then I'm going to make sure it's going to do what I want it to. I notice the Jet vests only have heating elements in the back of the vest, with nothing in the front and as there are no sleeves in the vests, then there is nothing to keep the arms warm. I'm now tossing up between 2 jacket liners that can be run off the bikes battery via a remote controller...............one is the "Powerlet Jacket Liner" and the other is the "Warm & Safe Generation 4 Jacket Liner" they're both about the same price and of very similar quality. A little bit more expensive than the Jet, but they have heating in the front and back as well as in the sleeves, and by buying a Remote Dual Heat Controller I'll be able to add heated gloves, pants, etc. if I should choose to do so. Heat up time on them takes only about 20 seconds. From everything that I've read.........these two are the ducks nuts!!  Also of course by running off the bikes battery I won't have to worry about running out of power and re-charging batteries etc.

I'll let you know what I finish up doing!! :)
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!