General Category > Riding Gear/Pillion Apparel

Slippery seat

(1/6) > >>

Pocket STocker:
So I just know I will regret asking this question   :fp  :fp  :p

My new textile riding pants are very slippery on the seat, while the Russell seat holds me mostly in place because of the shape of it, the surface between the two is slippery.

So far we know there is nothing on the bike seat, cleaning products etc and don't wish to put a small non slip pad on the seats as I standup occasionally and it will blow off the bike or heaven forbid I walk away and it's stuck to my bum  :-[

So any ideas what I can do to my pants or a product for the seat that won't cause damage to the seat  :think1

Chris wants to put a few tiny spots of silicon on my riding pants like the soles of those slip resistant socks, any other thoughts before we consider this  :think1

Thank you for your respectable and clean replies  :Blow

Streak:
Muust resistttt maakkkinnng smart comment  :p use the force graham be strong   8)

on a serious note, i would be careful with the silicon, as you would be combining different products and they might react differently and that might not be good for seat pants or rider...

StinkyPete:
So many great lines..... :crackup   and so much fear of retribution..... :law

I'm not sure how this would go on jeans, but it works well on drive belts.
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/CRC-Belt-Grip-400g.aspx?pid=1444#Cross

I can't wait to see how this thread progresses.

Brock:
Alan Moffat used double sided tape to stop his overalls slipping around on the bench seat of the XY GTHO at Bathurst...

Just saying.. o:) o:)

Wild Rose:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-PAN-EURO-ST-1300-02-12-TRIBOSEAT-GRIPPY-TOURING-SEAT-COVER-ACCESSORY-/310887872312?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item48625c7738

You could use something like this and sow ties with Velcro to hold it onto the Russell Day long seat
We would hate you to fall off, but that would be another story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version