Author Topic: MotorcycleLarry's brackets for below mirror, light mounting.  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Roadrunner

• ST Legend
Whilst you all have been enjoying today at the RTE at Kingaroy.  :thumbs
I have done several jobs to the old girl.
 Finished the wiring for a second set of driving lights, serviced the K&N air filter, fitted a new set of spark plugs.
 I was amazed when I asked the bloke at the auto shop for a set of feeler gauges, and he said "What for" I'd have thought it was bloody obvious, being and out of touch geriatric from way back. :||||
 I was a bit gobsmacked when he said the plugs are pre gapped!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek
 Reviewed the forum's gurus :-++ on oil. Bought the  oil and with a trusty VFR800 filter in hand (They are the same part number as the ST1300) got that job out of the way too.

OK now I Need some help. :think1
 I have a set of MCL light brackets to fit the St1300.
They come with a template but I am buggered if I can work out how they fit .
 Has anyone done this set up and could give me some advice please.
Mind you I have as yet to decide if  I will just go with another bracket set up that I have and some smaller halogen lights. as I can no longer put the big distances in due to a buggered neck. And I really like riding at night.
So the MCL brackets and a pair of 35w HID Cannons could end up in the for sale section along with some other gear.
I do like the look of the underslung HIDs below the mirrors.
Cheers
IBA:38554
FarRiders:246
Ulysses:23573

Offline Malcolm6112

• Legendary Member
  • Armadale WA
Re: MotorcycleLarry's brackets for below mirror, light mounting.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 05:55:18 PM »
the cut out goes on the mirror cover itself. From memory they are sided. I found it was better to drill a hole on the edge of the cut out not the edge of the cover first. This I used for the cable into the mirror cover. With the cut out on the mirror cover, you will probably have to tweek the edges a bit so that the under mirror brackets fit nicely and that the covers fit onto the clips securely.

A word of warning about a second set of lights, mind that the alternator can handle the extra load. It becomes expensive to replace.

:blu13
Malcolm
2004  ST1300A

Farrider 518
IBA       58213

Offline tj189

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 09:47:47 PM »
If you want to pop up to my place you can see how they fit on.  If you get concerned about if the alternator can handle it, start working out how many amps all your electrical gear is using. There are plenty of threads about on doing this
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline Roadrunner

• ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 08:23:55 PM »
Hey TJ
I would like to call by one day for a bit of a look and a chat. Just now I am playing house domestic to my flatmate who has had a total knee replacement. Once she is mobile I will pm you. Thanks again for the templates.
Stay Safe

Offline tj189

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 08:38:42 PM »
all good happy to help, please drop in - I'll even put the kettle on :thumb
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline Roadrunner

• ST Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 05:11:03 PM »
Look forward to that.  :thumb Took flatmate to Bris yesterday to see surgeon. About another 4 to six weeks before independent,
So don't put the kettle on just yet!