Author Topic: Just fitted PR2s  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Just fitted PR2s
« on: June 08, 2014, 05:29:50 PM »
Well, I've had a set of Michelin PR2s sitting in my garage for the past couple of years that I had sent out from the US (Jake Wilson) just waiting for my Dunlop Roadsmarts to wear down far enough to consider changing them, and with a bit of time up my sleeve, and cold and wet weather here keeping me off the bike, I felt now was a good time to change them. So I put the bike up on the lift, removed the front and then the back wheels and dropped them in to Horizon Honda in Hobart. They had them fitted and balanced for me in two hours as well as fitting a couple of alloy right angled valves that I'd also had sent out from the States, all for the cost of $33 a wheel ($66 all up), brought them home and refitted the wheels to the bike the following day. I haven't had the bike out yet though as the weather's been a bit yuk, but I'm really looking forward to trying them out and comparing them to the Dunlops, which I haven't been at all unhappy with! :grin
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Just fitted PR2s
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:18:16 PM »
What's this about extended bad weather in paradise?
Thought it never happened on the peninsula!     :eek
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Re: Just fitted PR2s
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 01:48:40 PM »
Well, it is winter mate, and we do need the rain, light and intemittent as it has been though :cuss
Today is really beautiful, sunny, clear skies, zero wind, but cold air, 3 degrees this morning, nice sitting out in the sun 8) But I haven't been able to ride as I'm on Ambulance Service all day today, and tonight until 8.00am tomorrow, so that sort of stuffs up tomorrow as well, I could be too stuffed to ride.
Never mind, better days ahead!! :grin

What's this about extended bad weather in paradise?
Thought it never happened on the peninsula!     :eek
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!