Honda ST1100 Section > Oils, Oil Filters & Servicing ST1100

how often to change oil??

<< < (2/3) > >>

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Williamson on September 28, 2019, 06:44:44 PM ---

The 25 year old HSV has done 250,000km (more km in the old days), and does not use / loose any oil between changes.

Perhaps there is some validity in his reasoning, perhaps not.  Any thoughts?

--- End quote ---
We've had our 2005 Territory since September 2010 and changed the oil and filter just once and that would be about 4 years ago and we'd average 7,500 km a year; I was only thinking the other day that the transmission could do with a fluid change soon.

Nigel:
Me , I am a 12 month 10 k person either or . Oil and filter are cheap, better to over service than under...my 2c :eek

And only use ryco filters and Penrite oils, if available. Thats 4c............ :thumbs

STroppy:
Triumph Trophy SE advise every 16,000 ks or every 12 months.

West Aussie Glen:
I like round numbers so every 10,000 kms for my vehicles that do a lot of work. Every 2 or 3 years or even more for the other vehicles.
Oils have improved greatly along with engine design. Bypass of the rings used to be the major source of oil contamination.
From an economical point I think it depends on if your are paying for it or doing it yourself. Paying for it 10,000 kms is fine. Doing it yourself 5,000 kms or 12 months if you are into that. As mentioned above dry or humid location is probably worth adding in the equation. The other one is lots of short runs and not getting up to temperature before shutting down.

Wild Rose:
10,000km or 12 months for me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version