OzSTOC Ride Reports, Pictures & Videos > National Rally 2012 Ride Reports & Photos

Diesel's National Rally Ride Report with pics....

<< < (3/5) > >>

Dan:

--- Quote from: Mitch on May 03, 2012, 01:19:54 PM ---Hi Des
         Free to go around if you keep under 60kph, gets more expensive the higher your speed over 60kph.  :grin :grin :grin
                                           :blk13

--- End quote ---

Really?  I've never heard of that before.  Do any other circuits do this?  I'm not a massive track day fan or anything, but it'd be good fun to try some out. 

I can't imagine getting many free laps in though....

Mitch:
 Des.
        Mt Panaroma is a public road with a 60kph speed limit except when used for race meetings. :thumb
  The :cop tend to like patrolling it heavily.  :law  :grin
                     :blk13

Marcus:
So you CAN pressure wash them...someone told me it was a big no no

--- Quote from: Des on May 03, 2012, 01:26:00 PM ---Really?  I've never heard of that before.  Do any other circuits do this?  I'm not a massive track day fan or anything, but it'd be good fun to try some out. 

--- End quote ---

WARNING - It's NOT a one way road, as we discovered on the first bend heading up the hill

Tipsy:

--- Quote from: Marcus on May 03, 2012, 03:19:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Des on May 03, 2012, 01:26:00 PM ---Really?  I've never heard of that before.  Do any other circuits do this?  I'm not a massive track day fan or anything, but it'd be good fun to try some out. 

--- End quote ---

WARNING - It's NOT a one way, as we discovered on the first bend heading up the hill

--- End quote ---

Tell me about it.
I was crankin it in a crnr at the top and just about became a hood ornament on a council truck. :fp :whistle >:()

Thank goodness for a bit of extra training.
Tipsy

Dan:
Ah right I see, I thought it was a race track.  Now I understand....

There is a similar one that I know of in the UK, Oliver's Mount in Scarborough.  It's really small but I guess the idea is the same, it's a road unless there is an event on.

I thought it was strange to just be able to turn up to a track and ride around it!  :fp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version