OzSTOC Events National & Local > SOUTH AUSTRALIA

SA RTE Ideas for 2023

(1/5) > >>

StinkyPete:
It may be time to start thinking about some locations for 2023, with perhaps a combination of favorite locations from the past, with some new venues thrown in.
Remember that we flagged Cafe de Villi's as a spot for a short notice gathering, so put up a post if you are looking for a coffee and snack on a fine summer evening.

I may remove the "Mid Week Coffee Runs" from being a Sticky, as it's fallen by the wayside, and there's always the option to post if you're at a loose end and looking for a ride.
(Edit) .... or rename the "Mid Week...." thread to "Short Notice RTE's and Coffee Runs"

StinkyPete:
My own suggestions of some of our favorite locations inlcude.....

The Pretoria at Mannum
Finnis General Store Cafe
Coorong Cafe at Sugars Beach, Goolwa
Wellington Hotel at Wellington

Langers:
I'd vote for every one of those Pete. We also should think about some overnighters.
Perhaps Mt Gambier and invite the Mexicans and anyone else from the east willing to travel. Late Spring?
I'd always try my best to get to Eyre Peninsula and I do enjoy the ferry at motorcycle rates, it just takes a bit of planning. Autumn is probably best.
Broken Hill - the Pro Hart gallery is a must see and a pittance for entry. Winter would be fine with the right clothes.

Cheers ... Mark

I nearly forgot - the Flinders ranges - just spectacular.

NTRebel:
How about Kulgera as an overnighter.

Langers:
I'm pretty sure I'd struggle to get SWMBO onto the back of the bike for a 1270km ride only to turn around and repeat it the next day. I'd have to sell it as a Far Road/FarRide exercise for me. Worth considering nonetheless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version