General Category > General Discussion

Driving an electric car from Sydney to Melbourne / the Downsides of EVs

<< < (2/30) > >>

ruSTynutz:

--- Quote from: Gadget on December 14, 2023, 09:31:12 PM ---
Keep sniffing fumes, paying through the nose for petrol, and fit very expensive servicing. The Saudis thank you for your loyalty, and  spreading their BS unpaid.

--- End quote ---

I assume you're still sniffing them as well unless your Spyder is battery powered!  ;-*

Cheers  :beer

Gadget:
Barely ride it, the Tesla is too much fun.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

ruSTynutz:
That's a bit sad re your Spyder...  :fp

While it's great you're loving your Tesla and I'm sure you're not on your own, it doesn't hurt to acknowledge the possible downsides of EV ownership, which my original post was doing.

The drive from Sydney to Melbourne article had nothing whatsoever to do with John Cadogan but as he had done a video reporting on it, I included a link.
On the whole, I found the article (and Cadogan's video) quite interesting (and enlightening) so hopefully others did too...   

Cheers  :beer

Williamson:

--- Quote from: ruSTynutz on December 15, 2023, 07:33:09 AM ---... On the whole, I found the article (and Cadogan's video) quite interesting (and enlightening) so hopefully others did too...   

--- End quote ---

On the whole, I find Cadogan's videos interesting.  I also often find him very and unnecessarily coarse (to the point that I won't listen to him in mixed and younger [grandchildren] company) and abrasive.   He can also be divisive, perhaps not unlike some of the threads on this and other Forums (any others on here also on ADVRider?).

:whistle

ruSTynutz:
I mostly agree with you, Michael!  :thumbsup
If you can ignore his (at times) crudeness & mocking and just concentrate on the facts etc that he presents, he does make a lot of sense.
That doesn't mean I always agree with everything he says though...

As for threads being divisive at times, I honestly can't see that there's really anything wrong with a bit of healthy discussion (as long as it doesn't get personal) as it can make the forum a bit more interesting...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version