OzSTOC Events National & Local > Upcoming Long Distance Rides

2012 Border Run

<< < (2/17) > >>

Malcolm6112:
I'm planning to be there this year. I hope to see a lot of the Perth people there as well.

:blu13

Turtle:
I'm planning another trip out for this year  :thumb

IanB:
I'm going to carry some maps this time.
Last trip through that area was coming back from perth.
Half asleep misread signs and turned off at Kimba and finished up in Cowell ( where I'd been 10 days before - good barman poured me the right beer when I walked in this time)
Took a Whyalla turn off instead of Port A and did a huge chunk of the run on roads which were under construction. Grade limestone rock and gravel for what seemed forever to a very tired rider.
But when it's finished it wil be an awesome bike run from memory.

alans1100:

--- Quote from: beatup on January 27, 2012, 10:06:02 AM ---I'm going to carry some maps this time.
Last trip through that area was coming back from perth.
Half asleep misread signs and turned off at Kimba and finished up in Cowell ( where I'd been 10 days before - good barman poured me the right beer when I walked in this time)
Took a Whyalla turn off instead of Port A and did a huge chunk of the run on roads which were under construction. Grade limestone rock and gravel for what seemed forever to a very tired rider.
But when it's finished it wil be an awesome bike run from memory.

--- End quote ---

I know it's been a little while (late 2008) since I've been in that area myself but I thought road from Kimba to Cowell was dirt.
If you ended up in Cowell it would have been a straight run to Port A going through Whyalla.

As far as I am aware the only turn off to Whyalla (heading east) is at Iron Knob on the Eyre Hwy (National 1) or the dirt road from Kimba

Don't know about yours but my 1100 doesn't handle to good on dirt/gravel roads so I avoid them.

Apache:
Hey Mal,
Did i read it right that youre doing the ride this year? We should catch up for a frothy and have a chat cause im looking at doing it too!  :thumbsup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version