Author Topic: More Dirt Roads  (Read 888 times)

More Dirt Roads
« on: August 29, 2018, 07:29:36 PM »
A rare weekday off and a contuation of the good weather we have had of late saw me go for another ride which was more or less a continuation of where I left of last saturday, kicking off in Dublin.  I'd learned this roadhouse opens at 0700 so I had planned my departure to coincide with that.

Then it was off to Port Prime.  Why?  Because I had never been there before.  There was nothing there but I did have a couple of roos jump out in front of me which the gopro no doubt captured.  Once I hit the coast I u-turned and headed back.

Surprisingly enough I have been to Avon three times now.  There are no sealed roads into the town but most of the dirt roads out this way are smooter than some of our tarmac ones.

Not much in Erith either, but I came here in the hope of finding a locality sign that begins with an E.  There wasn't one, just this sign of an asterisk.

Farmers around the country may be doing it tough but there was plenty of green out Mount Templeton way.  I saw a couple of buldings like this one.

I discovered this blade in Snowtown on the way to Western Australia for last year's border run.  That was at some ungodly hour and I vowed to come back during daylight hours.  Today I finally did.  I had lunch here.

I got as far as Brinkworth before turning back towards Adelaide.

I nothed up a kilomrestone in Reeves Plains.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 08:55:46 AM by Bodø »

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Kev Murphy, Jdbiker