Author Topic: Open Charity Ride  (Read 1477 times)

Offline RexCB350

• been there and done it
Open Charity Ride
« on: August 12, 2015, 09:31:14 AM »
  :dred11
 I  am posting this information to you for you to pass on to your motorcycling friends regarding this year’s Border Bike Fest on 25 October 2015. The organising committee, made up of the Albury Wodonga Branch Ulysses Club Inc. and the  Lions Club of Wodonga and are progressing with this year’s event. The 2015 event will again be at Gateway Lakes, Lincoln Causeway, Wodonga Victoria and this will be our eighth year. This venue is one of the districts best with plenty of room for our Border Bike Fest motorcycle show and shine.

The funds raised on the day by the Border Bike Fest go to charities that fall through the cracks in the system. The amounts given are usually $1000.00 to $5000.00. The funds have been for children's camps, a generator for a teenage boy’s camp for troubled teenage boys, Aspect School Albury for autistic children, together with the local Cancer centre, hospitals and crisis centres.

This year sees the inclusion of a Charity Ride on Saturday the 24 October being organised by the Albury Wodonga Branch of the Ulysses Club Inc.  The funds raised will be split between Foodshare Wodonga and the Ulysses Club Arthritis Research Foundation (UCARF).

We have some of the best motorcycling roads in the country. The Albury Wodonga Branch of the Ulysses Club Inc. is putting in a grand effort to make the Saturday Charity Ride an enjoyable ride for all participants and a lead into the Border Bike Fest. We are also utilising some help from ride organisers from Wangaratta and Wagga to make this a ride to remember.

The Charity Ride will start From Junction Square right in the centre of Wodonga. Every entrant gets a number with their registration to go into a lucky draw. The number matches the registration and will be drawn at completion of the ride. Entry fee for Charity Ride is $25. Pillion free and the registration gives you entry to the Border Bike Fest on Sunday 25th.

The ride will be in the order of......Junction Square, Wodonga – Beechworth – Stanley – Myrtleford for lunch – Ovens – Happy Valley Road - Kancoona – Keegans Bridge – Red Bluff Road- Gundowring – Kergunyah – Tangambalanga – Bonegilla  finishing at the St. Ives Hotel, Lincoln Causeway, Wodonga.

There are plenty of motels, caravan parks for accommodation to make Saturday / Sunday an event to remember for your members. So here's hoping we see you at this year’s Border Bike Fest, Charity Ride.

I am still compiling the list of supporters and I will send them to you once I have them on paper.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information and please go the link:

www.ulyssesalburywodonga.org.au/2015CharityRide

Just a quick follow up  we could have organised a great 400 Kilometre ride and risked dehydration, fatigue and crashing into the Armco but have decided to have a ride that will be enjoyed by all. See attachment. We are in negotiation with the Albury Wodonga Motorcycle Club with regards to camping over the weekend. Keep in touch.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Regards Rex (been there done it)

Regards

Rex Beard #37805                                                                                            Paul Fielder

President Albury Wodonga Branch Ulysses Club Inc.                        Member Albury Wodonga Branch

PO Box 116                                                                                                         Ulysses Club Inc.                       

Wodonga Victoria 3690

Mobile 0407 233 312                                                                                       Mobile: 0418 421 257

Email: rexcb350@bigpond.com or                                                            Email: fielderp@bigpond.com

:runyay

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
Re: Open Charity Ride
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 02:35:14 PM »
 :think1

Welcome to the forum.

Feel free to introduce yourself

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?board=14.0