Author Topic: What type/style of glove would you recommend?  (Read 1722 times)

Kev

What type/style of glove would you recommend?
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
Like Helmets, Jackets,Trousers etc, gloves are, i think a personal choice..however...as we have members living in every state with all its' different weather conditions, what works for you?

If it's raining what do you find keeps the hand dry...do they keep your hand warm (for the colder areas)

Riders in places like the ACT have to contend with extreme cold as well as punishing heat, do you have multiple sets?

Riders in the N.T. W.A. and Qld have more heat to deal with, so, is it a thinner, breathable glove...

or is the answer to carry say 4 sets of gloves?... to deal with most situations..

Cheers

Kev
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:28:00 PM by Kev »

Offline Down Under

Re: What type/style of glove would you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 04:00:46 PM »
1 x pair of summer gloves.

1 x pair of good winter gloves.

A pair of these to slip over the top to cover extremely wet and cold conditions:

http://www.rain-off.com/ .........they are brilliant!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:02:25 PM by Down Under »

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 04:51:22 PM »
I have a couple of sets. Textile offroad style for summer (I am thinking of going for some leather summer gloves for better protection), normal winter glove and some sports type gloves for intermediate conditions. I recently bought some Alpinestar supposedly waterproof gloves but have not tested them as yet
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:00:52 PM by saaz »
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

rendog

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 08:14:49 PM »
Thomas Cook perforated & lined leather gloves for me.
Work all year round up here in tropical Qld.  :thumb
I probably should get a pair of plastic gloves for the rain, but ...

terrydj

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »
Gloves for me, the cheap summer ones like RJ's and that are the go. For winter all the waterproof gloves are junk except for the BMW "Pro Winter" they cost a couple of hundred but their are none better. Want something that works. Head off to a Safety House and get a pair of them really large and long rubber gloves. Just slip em over you normal gloves. They are warm, cheap, and they are definitely waterproof. And your from western Australia :think1 no need to worry,  you can get em in Pink :rofl
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:06:53 PM by terrydj »

Offline Nh478m

• NH478M
  • Farkled to death - well it was!
    • My '13
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 07:59:24 AM »
When I bought my HELD Airstream for heat, I looked at their brand new double glove. You slip your hand one side of the internal divider and they're Winter gloves, go the other side and they're for Summer. I baulked at the price but the gloves themselves felt brill.

PJ
PJ