Author Topic: Rear cowling  (Read 15067 times)

rendog

Re: Rear cowling
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »
If I single seated my ST1300 I'd be up for a divorce lawyer   :fp
How expensive would that be?  :crackup

Offline Dan

• QLD
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »
Hmmmmmm just wondering how much you will have to spend to save $180.00 a year :think1 Me thinks the smuggler setup to the door in Australia is around the $800.00 mark, so thats four and a half years to get your money back???? But even doing it the cheap way out, if their is one, it'll cost you bucks, and maybe you will have to get your mods OK'd. And then when you go to sell the thing, I suppose their are people around that want to get their hands on a ST1300 that can only be registerd as a solo?? Hmmmm just wondering what the experts will give as a trade in

I agree, the Corbin option would not really be cost effective.

I would probably try removing the footpegs, doing the welded bolt thing, and getting a spare rear seat from eBay and taking the padding/cover off - maybe make it in to a rack.  Then it could be easily reverted back to 2 seats.

Personally, I always ride solo and the single seat was one of the things that swayed me towards the ST1100, might as well have $180/year in my pocket.

Offline Skip

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 06:15:26 PM »
The Corbin Smuggler looks like the rear end of a Hayabusa with the cowl installed. A good look I reckon.
Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.