Author Topic: Blue Tooth Motorcycle Intercom  (Read 29971 times)

Rodd

Re: Blue Tooth Motorcycle Intercom
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »
My Sena kit turned up this morning. I'm sure that the ad said that you would get a free adapter for the charger to use in Oz.. but you are meant to tell them when you order (I forgot to).
All charged and ready to fit.

Rodd

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 01:33:17 PM »
I'll be interested in your comments once it's fitted and operational........hope all goes well!  :thumbs
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »
My Sena kit turned up this morning. I'm sure that the ad said that you would get a free adapter for the charger to use in Oz.. but you are meant to tell them when you order (I forgot to).
All charged and ready to fit.

Rodd

I possibly in my perfectionism may have forgotten to also.....looking forward to hearing what you think of them
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Rodd

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »
I quickly set them up in some helmets so that I could try them out when I picked my son up from school. My sons helmet is just a cheap open faced helmet so I temporarily fitted one set to it. My own helmet is a Nolan flip faced helmet and it didn't take long to fit the unit to it. The open faced helmet picked up some wind noise as you'd expect but we could still hear each other ok. My son thought it was magic being able to talk to each other while we rode.

Just need to remove it from his helmet and install it into my wife's helmet (same as mine), and check to see if the phone connection works as it should.

Rodd

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »
install it into my wife's helmet

Dont forget to leave the mic disconnected..... :crackup :crackup

I'm waiting for my headset to turn up, maybe tonight :thumbs
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline sac468

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 03:29:50 PM »
Hi Streak,

I am a new member from the ACT, in regards to your question about the Interphone Blue tooth. I have three units one on my helmet one on son's helmet (my Passenger) and one on the wife's helmet.

love them, I have my phone my ipod touch and other units connected to mine, the only problem I have is I need to physically switch between passenger & other rider (to many connections) I also can't shut them up.  :rofl

oh for the peace and quite before Blue tooth. 8)
Shane
Ride to live, Live to Ride
Ulysses; 51798

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »

oh for the peace and quite before Blue tooth. 8)

lol i did mine the smart way, synced with each others phones, but with the right button press i can turn Vox on and we can speak to each other :)
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 02:22:35 PM »
Took my Sena SMH10 Bluetooth for its first proper test run today, spend about an hour on the bike at various speeds from 50km to 110km, and it worked seemlessly with my iPhone, i made phone calls (thanks Mick Mauldon), listened to music, and used the GPS app on my phone (that worked ok...think it is more user issue than gps issue at the moment).

all in all it is doing everything that it said it would, and it is simple and easy to use, the jog dial is a brilliant feature, turning the volume up and down, and i discovered my gloves are iPhone friendly so i was able to skip songs and the like very simply as i have it mounted on a ram mount.
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 07:27:51 PM »
Well done mate.............the jog wheel seems like it would be a great feature. The Camos volume control is a little difficult to find with gloves on.........you do get used to where it is by feel, but I like the idea of the jog wheel.

Took my Sena SMH10 Bluetooth for its first proper test run today, spend about an hour on the bike at various speeds from 50km to 110km, and it worked seemlessly with my iPhone, i made phone calls (thanks Mick Mauldon), listened to music, and used the GPS app on my phone (that worked ok...think it is more user issue than gps issue at the moment).

all in all it is doing everything that it said it would, and it is simple and easy to use, the jog dial is a brilliant feature, turning the volume up and down, and i discovered my gloves are iPhone friendly so i was able to skip songs and the like very simply as i have it mounted on a ram mount.
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Rodd

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 11:36:58 AM »
At the moment Aldi has a small bluetooth transmitter/receiver for sale for just under $30.

I have a $50-$60 Aldi GPS that doesn't have inbuilt bluetooth, so I bought one of those transmitter/receivers to try. It has an audio patch cable that has 3.5mm plugs each end, so I also had to buy a 3.5mm male to ?mm (smaller) adapter for the audio plug because the audio socket on the GPS has a smaller audio socket (2mm?).
My cheap Aldi GPS now connects to my Sena bluetooth headset so I can hear the voice instructions.

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 11:48:20 AM »
Good one Rodd!

At the moment Aldi has a small bluetooth transmitter/receiver for sale for just under $30.

I have a $50-$60 Aldi GPS that doesn't have inbuilt bluetooth, so I bought one of those transmitter/receivers to try. It has an audio patch cable that has 3.5mm plugs each end, so I also had to buy a 3.5mm male to ?mm (smaller) adapter for the audio plug because the audio socket on the GPS has a smaller audio socket (2mm?).
My cheap Aldi GPS now connects to my Sena bluetooth headset so I can hear the voice instructions.

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »
well this is going to be a great trip to properly test out my Sena SMH10, so far from all my rides by myself it has worked flawlessly, simple communication, works with phone/music.

we have tested the VOX in the house with Teela Downs stairs and myself upstairs, and with units hooked up to seperate phones, playing music, simple tap of the jog button turns the VOX on and we can talk to each other, looking forward to seeing how it goes.
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Online JuST Peter

• Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »
well this is going to be a great trip to properly test out my Sena SMH10, so far from all my rides by myself it has worked flawlessly, simple communication, works with phone/music.

we have tested the VOX in the house with Teela Downs stairs and myself upstairs, and with units hooked up to seperate phones, playing music, simple tap of the jog button turns the VOX on and we can talk to each other, looking forward to seeing how it goes.
I'd say after about an hour at the most and you'll be looking for a way to turn it off without Teela Downs noticing |-i :crackup
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2012, 11:22:10 AM »
I just pulled the trigger on one of these.....

http://senaaustralia.com.au/cart/products-details.php?ProductID=5

and the dual set of this....

http://senaaustralia.com.au/cart/products-details.php?ProductID=2

This will facilitate uhf communications with no need for a 2nd set of speakers in the helmet, and no need to be tethered to ST through wires.

Will also offer mp3, phone and GPS solutions all at once. - Plus - with QUALITY sound.        :runyay

Looks like I have an Autocom system and a Honda am/fm radio for sale now.         :wink1

Cheers, Diesel
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:24:19 AM by Diesel »
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2012, 12:14:15 PM »
Good stuff mate......looks like a nice bit of gear! :)

I just pulled the trigger on one of these.....

http://senaaustralia.com.au/cart/products-details.php?ProductID=5

and the dual set of this....

http://senaaustralia.com.au/cart/products-details.php?ProductID=2

This will facilitate uhf communications with no need for a 2nd set of speakers in the helmet, and no need to be tethered to ST through wires.

Will also offer mp3, phone and GPS solutions all at once. - Plus - with QUALITY sound.        :runyay

Looks like I have an Autocom system and a Honda am/fm radio for sale now.         :wink1

Cheers, Diesel

Offline royst1100

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2012, 03:15:43 PM »
i have the SR10 and have had problems but i think thats due to the sharktooth bluetooth devise (not impreesed with it) the sena seems to work ok just slight delay. as ive regestered with sena i received an update from them recently of the new SM10 stereo bluetooth. check it out before tou get the SR10

as for the autocom ive just put mine back in yesterday as i got the WIRE3A bluetooth devise that eliminates the use of wired headset as i use the "sharktooth". will update a report after ive trialed them
regards
           Royce

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »
i received an update from them recently of the new SM10 stereo bluetooth. check it out before tou get the SR10

Yeah Royce - all is good - the new STEREO SR10 does NOT have the mini DIN port to connect the uhf unit which was a strange omission.    :o

Cheers, Diesel

PS - Sharks are sort of their own entity from what I've heard - and have to be gently caressed to speak to other BT devices.
OzSTOC Life Member

Offline royst1100

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »
wel there you go i didnt pickup on that. so you use both i suppose.  now "gently caress" if things keep going the way they are! will NOT be in my vocabulary  :cuss
regards
           Royce

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »
The big thing I love about the SMH10, is not having to charge it often, best battery lifespan I have got is 12 hours, only charged it as I was not sure how long I had left and I had riding to do next day!

It works seamlessly between rider and pillion, phone, GPS, music, fantastic unit,  I will never buy the cheap Bluetooth unit again!
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline royst1100

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2012, 06:09:52 PM »
wish i had gone to sena as sharktooth or not cheap by any means, about the same as senna or bit more. the battery dosnt last as long as they told me " 10 hours ". the reson to choose sharktooth is its designed for shark helets and slim line design

i will be getting sena when $ allow
regards
           Royce

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »
The big thing I love about the SMH10, is not having to charge it often, best battery lifespan I have got is 12 hours, only charged it as I was not sure how long I had left and I had riding to do next day!

It works seamlessly between rider and pillion, phone, GPS, music, fantastic unit,  I will never buy the cheap Bluetooth unit again!

My Sena SR10 Bluetooth Hub and SMH10 Bluetooth Headset intercoms arrived Friday, and I set them up and went for a test ride today (had brekky up the range at Maleny with the lovely Helen and hubby Beatup).

I am guilty (usually) of buying cheap crap - and paying the price, miles from anywhere, with equipment failures!

This time I went a top quality product and I can REALLY tell the difference - even in the installation - with the product's quality of build (read metal parts instead of plastic), and the way that the item just WORKS.

All was seamless and worked just like the brochure promised. I ALWAYS wear noise mitigating earplugs, but the Sena's volume goes EXTREMELY high and can easily be heard at 130  100km/h. The unit, as Streak says, seamlessly flicks between MP3 music, phone call, uhf CB, Remote PTT button and intercom to Mrs Diesel. Bluetooth works out to 900m LOS (Line of Sight)!!!     :eek

All the product's mounting systems are top quality and robust in design - hell - even Steve the supplier was an absolute legend! - Sorry for sounding like an advert!     :rofl

Very happy to answer any queries from Members regarding this system.

See (and hear) you out there soon villains.

Cheers, Diesel

EDIT: PS - you can charge it while in use on the go too!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:30:18 PM by Diesel »
OzSTOC Life Member

terrydj

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2012, 09:55:20 PM »
Hmmm and you can charge it on the go as well eh. Oh no, all that money for a bloody BlueTooth unit and its stilled joined to the bike by a cable :rofl
But mate isn't it great when you have things that work :thumbsup and work easily.

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2012, 10:42:38 PM »
Lol Terry you crack me up....
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »
On our recent FarRide to Nambucca Heads (1057km in a round-about sort of way), Streak and I paired our Sena SMH10 headsets so that we could talk to each other while on the move. (Bike to bike comms gives you around 900m max distance before degradation of quality of comms).

Initially, this was a 3 second job, and we intended to listen to music or truckies reports over the uhf, and only talk to each other now and then for ride strategies and tactics.

You see, to switch between my iPhone's phone calls or mp3 tunes to talk to Streak, I simply press the main dial twice, and am dialled in to tx/rx freely by VOX.

This was a much better situation than our first attempt at a FarRide, where one of us would:

a) madly gesture with a waving arm;
b) wait til we had pulled over for fuel to mention something; OR
c) make a phone call to each other whilst on the move.

We ended up yibbering  swapping vital information for 95% of the trip and had an absolute ball doing so!      :hatwave

The Senas performed flawlessly for many, many hours, and a recharge overnight had us good to go again.

Sometimes I like to ride alone, and I think Streak will agree... but this was a bloody fantastic way to while away the miles with a good mate, on good roads, on the BEST types of bike.

Cheers, Diesel
OzSTOC Life Member

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »
You just need to get a UHF and talk to each other, or listen to your ithingies
Brock