Author Topic: VIC Lunch Ride To Eat Sunday 4th November Wye River Hotel  (Read 10521 times)

Offline Greencan

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
Re: VIC Lunch Ride To Eat Sunday 4th November Wye River Hotel
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
Arvo All...

Well it would seem the 'report' of  yesterdays ride to the Pub at Wye River which turned 'evolved' into the Pub at Apollo Bay which 'evolved' into the later half the ride group changing their minds at Lorne and following Adam and moi back up to Deans marsh, from where Adam said we'd have a cuppa at Inverleigh which 'evolved' into the pub at Bannockburn from where we departed for Bacchus Marsh only to come out at Ballan and finally; seeing this 'report' of the second Victorian RTE being written up in two separate threads. Well done Chaps, that'll P15S the Queenslanders off no end and ensure that they are more than just one and half hours behind us.

See, who said great things couldn't be achieved with small numbers? :wink1

So, not to deviate from that vein I thought I'd continue the theme and post a few short 'movies' from my recently mounted GoPro camera that I originally procured (along with the specific brackets), to fit to the handle bars of my push-bike...which they don't :'(. So I turned up a couple of nylon bushes and mounted the wee camera to the ST instead, on Friday as I planned a long push-bike ride on the Saturday, so not much time to find my 20x magnified spectacles in order I might read the most comprehensive 25mm x 25mm instruction booklet that came with the GoPro camera that would enable me to fully grasp the basics...like turning it on and turning it off.

So I'll let the following pictures tell their own story, which (I'm sure), will only add (in the way of quality), to what Nick has already posted...the following is my contribution to the 2nd Victorian RTE

"OK Dickie, yep, yeah...it's this here button ya press and ya see the red light come on..."

"Wot red light???"...

"This one 'ere"...

"Yeah, yeah...so it's taken a movie then?"...

"Yep,  just you press the top button when we leave to turn it on"...

"OK!"

"OK...I have pressed the top button...this'll be a tops movie through the twisties...I'll turn it off when we get to Wye River...can ya see the red light?"...

"Yep!"

"W.T.F!...This isn't Wye River...it's Apolllo Bay...oh well best turn the camera off ...great fang...the movie should look great"

"OK..,Nick said press the top button and....yeah the red light flashed...beauwty!"

"Ya know, perhaps I should've put me 2x glasses on...ya gotta be' kiddin' me...bloody stills mode!!!"

Now at this point the Fred Schepisi's  among you might show some angst at having to re-shoot...moi on the other hand cannot wait to do it all over again, unscripted, unorganised and unflustered.

Lovely...When can we do it all over again!!!! :thumb :beer

After all I bet there aren't any other rides on this forum that plan a ride for dozens and attract 4 on what was the best Victorian day we've in months (OK I wasn't here granted), one of which was a Tasmanian...though only 4 in number but to display decisiveness of 20...have all bikes fitted with GPS and to ignore em completely (Lee from Garmin on mine said "f@#k It" by the time I reached Ballan and proceeded to fill in every road-n-track in Victoria with a purple line to follow)...have one rider sell his bike on the way home still not sure what to replace it with...then report said ride in separate threads...Haaanng on a minute...I grew up and went to school in Queensland Wot thuh

Ciao, the can :)

Offline Barry and Marissa

• ST Legend
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 04:05:59 PM »
ROFLMAO Dickie,  :rofl

There bloody cracker photo's you've got there.  :crackup
Barry and Marissa :) :)

Barry 2012 VFR800 Red.
Marissa 2011 VFR800 Red.

Offline walton

• Glen Waverley, Victoria
    • My Spot
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »
Thanks guys for a great day out. Especially Nick for taking some time out to show me some brilliant scenery and leading the way so I wouldn't get lost. I have now witnessed the great ocean road and some other great roads and scenery. Sorry guys for being a bit quiet at lunch but I was slightly unwell but I had a ball and can't wait to do it again! However, it would be nice to ride on a slightly cooler day. This tassie boy was a little too warm! Thanks again guys.  :thumbsup
1998 ST1100P
FarRider #440
Let's Ride!

Offline Greencan

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 11:07:05 AM »
Arvo All...

Well just back in from putting $10 on the nose of the wining horse on this arvo's race :whistle...I usually do all right on Cup day, so hope the run continues ::)...but I digress

I thoroughly enjoyed following Adam's squeaky 1300, it reassuringly gave me audible cues to which way the road went when I got distracted to look at  the scenery, speaking of which if you find yourself in this part of the planet the changes in the geography can be brilliant in Victoria without having to travel thousands or hundreds of clicks. Places like Russels Bridge, just out of Maude and Morrisons just out of Meredith on the Ballan back road and a new place for moi' on this trip, Stieglitz, which I would probably have never thought to ride through if Adam hadn't missed a turn, I really enjoyed the ride home...thanks Neighbour :thumbs

Anyway, twas great to catch with with Nick and all the best with the adventure bike, what ever ya decide you'll have a great time on it and if you ever decide to get another ST, they'll be plenty around :thumb...John good to meet you and and I'm sure those far rides will be a little easier over here on the big island...in any case from Glen Waverely, it's only a 30 click ride back to the small Island :wink1

Ciao, the can :)

PS..Baz I'll give you a call either this evening or tomorrow :phone...El will be up in your part of the planet from next weekend for a few weeks delivering a electrickery part for Laurie, oh and something to do with a Sisters 60th

Offline nickj

• ST Legend
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 08:04:10 AM »
Boys

Well, I parted with the ST a few weeks ago and last weekend, I flew up to Brisbane to view (buy) the Varadero. A long trip home over 2.5 days but all good.
Stats..
1941km (detoured via Mansfield on the way home)
$196 for fuel (98 octane)
Milage - 6.75l/100km (not as good as the ST)
Range of tank into blinding head wind - 355km (it ran out 30km short of Shepparton)
$220 + 3 points to QLD police
Pizza in West Wyalong is great!
Met 1 OZSTOC member on the way - Streak

No casualties, except the demerit points..

Pics to come

Nick
Oh, and I still wanna ride with you guys!!
{'95 Candy ST1100S}
Red 2000 Varadero