Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Camping Gear and Touring

Jet Boil Cooker

(1/2) > >>

StinkyPete:
This is a compact billy, which I principally use for making a cuppa on the side of the road, or for cooking toast for breakfast.   It all packs away inside itself, and the design of the bottom of the "billy" means that almost all of the heat from the flame is directed into the heating pot, making it very fast indeed. The gas bottles last for ages.  There are a range of other accessories and pots that lock onto the burner as well but I won't bother with getting any of them.  There are smaller stoves around, but this is a complete unit and is quite compact.   They say that the green fitting on the bottom can be used as a cup, but as a cup it's useless.

Brock:
Does that "Stubby Cooler" stay on when boiling??

StinkyPete:
The green neoprene cover and the lid stays on while it's heating, and the cover has a heat indicator built in, which turns bright yellow when it's almost boiling.   I can actually wrap my hands around the bottom of the unit when the burner is on, as almost no heat is escaping from that convoluted area on the bottom of the "billy" part.

BigTed:
Excellent - Where did you get it, and how much $$?

StinkyPete:

--- Quote from: Rob on September 20, 2012, 10:46:01 AM ---Excellent - Where did you get it, and how much $$?

--- End quote ---
Rob, I paid about $130 from Snowy's here in Adelaide a couple of years ago, but they are also available through Anaconda.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version