Honda ST1300 Section > Brakes & Clutch ST1300

Metalgear brake pads

<< < (2/7) > >>

Draco (Heartbreak Kid):

--- Quote from: HONK on March 02, 2016, 04:28:10 PM ---Lots of us use Metalgear with no problems at all.
You need to check your brake system out especially check for rear brake drag. Check that the rear calliper is not over heating. Try it after a short ride with few brake applications or put her up on the centre stand and rotate the rear wheel, it should spin fairly easily.
Mine was running around 50 degrees hotter then the front, had to overhaul the calliper.

--- End quote ---

Well problem solved after visiting metalgear,  brendale, the owner gave me 2 bigger sizes to try, free of charge just bring back the ones that I don't use. And free replacement of the right ones. THANKS metalgear. Will change tomorrow after checking caliper  :like :like

NTRebel:
My pads were put on by my local bike mechanic so everything was checked before I picked up the bike when he looked at the backing plates after the 1500Ks he said it looked like the pad material hadn't been adhered to the backing plate properly and had fallen off.

Draco (Heartbreak Kid):
Thanks will check that also and put up some pics

johnnyYTED:
 :dred11
STranger has been using 'METALGEAR' pads for the laST 8 1/2 yrs with out issue I checked the pads juST yeSTerday and there is appx 50% on them and I truST they should laST the trip to Perth and home.  :thumb
 :think1 I should have lQQked at the front pads but they STopped me the laST time I used them,,  :grin

Brock:
I too have been using metal gear for years on the 1100.

On the (2002/03) bike, the front pads are much thinner than the rear, however the front pads do fit in the rear brakes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version