Farkles, Gear & Accessories > iPhone and Android Helpful Apps

Safe cradle for smart phone

<< < (3/3)

Shiney:
Correct :thumbsup

Yorkie:
I had a similar type of unit, lost my phone at 110kph, now it stays in my pocket, Pezzz has also lost his

ST2UP:
Just as an alternative...

I have used now over the 3 iPhones I have owned (and will do the same with my 4th soon) put the phone in a Lifeproof case to start with.....then purchase the locking belt holster for that Lifeproof case. Remove the belt clip and use 2 small bolts,nuts and washers (to spread load and vibration) to mount the belt holder to a flat RAM mount. That RAM mounts to wherever on the bike  ;-*

Phone locks in place, is in a waterproof case (unless charging) and no problems  ;-*

Cheers

CallMeSteve:

--- Quote from: ST2UP on November 21, 2017, 09:16:34 PM ---Just as an alternative...

I have used now over the 3 iPhones I have owned (and will do the same with my 4th soon) put the phone in a Lifeproof case to start with.....then purchase the locking belt holster for that Lifeproof case. Remove the belt clip and use 2 small bolts,nuts and washers (to spread load and vibration) to mount the belt holder to a flat RAM mount. That RAM mounts to wherever on the bike  ;-*

Phone locks in place, is in a waterproof case (unless charging) and no problems  ;-*

Cheers

--- End quote ---

Thanks. That looks like a very neat solution. 

I also see this bar-mount version on their products list:   https://www.lifecasestore.com.au/lifeproof-lifeactiv-bike-bar-mount-with-quickmount-black/   Does that look like a RAM-ball type of thing on the back ?  I wonder if it would fit the ball on my Helibars - very cool if so. I might have to go ask them.

ST1100_GREG:
I mounted this on the top bolt of my clutch clamp. The phone is in a silicone cover and is held firmly in this mount. The springs are strong and confident.

The only problem I have is making sure the lower clamp arm doesnt press against the power button.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version