Honda ST1100 Section > Honda ST1100 Tools and Handy Gadgets

Plug Spanner

(1/2) > >>

nate:
Ok gents, what are the suggestions for replacing a plug spanner.  Went to change the plugs over the weekend on the boy and realised my plug spanner wont go anywhere near the distance needed.  Went up to SuperCrap to see if they had anything useful and of course no. 

thoughts and suggestions please.

Cheers!
Nate

StinkyPete:
I welded an extension into the shaft of a  SCA "T" handle plug spanner so it would reach.   Easy, cheap solution.    :thumb

Williamson:
Now here's a good idea.

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on July 07, 2014, 12:26:30 PM ---I welded an extension into the shaft of a  SCA "T" handle plug spanner so it would reach.   Easy, cheap solution.    :thumb

--- End quote ---

Easy - if you've got the tools and know how.

Here's another good idea.  Pete can go to SuperCheap, Bursons (or whoever), purchase necessary bits and weld a few handles.  So as Pete won't be 'out-of-pocket', prepayments may be necessay to cover parts, labour and postage.

Pete will be left swimming in red wine at the next few RTE's.

Just a thought .............

StinkyPete:

--- Quote from: Williamson on July 07, 2014, 12:46:01 PM ---Now here's a good idea.

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on July 07, 2014, 12:26:30 PM ---I welded an extension into the shaft of a  SCA "T" handle plug spanner so it would reach.   Easy, cheap solution.    :thumb

--- End quote ---

Easy - if you've got the tools and know how.

Here's another good idea.  Pete can go to SuperCheap, Bursons (or whoever), purchase necessary bits and weld a few handles.  So as Pete won't be 'out-of-pocket', prepayments may be necessay to cover parts, labour and postage.

Pete will be left swimming in red wine at the next few RTE's.

Just a thought .............

--- End quote ---

Williamson, you are an ideas man and I like the way you think......   :beer

alchemist:
What about a socket set with a plug socket and a long extension? I was going to try remove my plugs over the next day or so, most likely the best option if you don't have a welder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version