Author Topic: Polygamy bedded down by PC bureaucrats  (Read 3142 times)

Offline JuST Peter

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Quakers Hill NSW
Polygamy bedded down by PC bureaucrats
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:36:55 PM »
Peta Credlin: Muslim polygamy bedded down by PC bureaucrats

PETA CREDLIN
The Sunday Telegraph
December 10, 2016 11:30pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/peta-credlin-muslim-polygamy-bedded-down-by-pc-bureaucrats/news-story/63d16aa1c4fd872a503bc7cfb829b41d
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love

The following users thanked this post: Kev Murphy

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: Polygamy bedded down by PC bureaucrats
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 05:05:32 PM »
Cant see the article Pete, a subscription to the Daily Telegraph is required.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

The following users thanked this post: Flip

Offline Gadget

• Just Ridin'
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 06:46:50 PM »
It in the Daily Terrorgraph!

Less credible than the Courier Mail.

Is it the truth or did you read it in the Courier Mail?

Cheers,
Gary

sent using another of Gadget's gadgets.

Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 06:54:35 PM »
We'll probably both be branded Islamophobic, but here's her article, without the photos of burkhas.

Peta Credlin: Muslim polygamy bedded down by PC bureaucrats

I LIKE to think growing up in a small country town gave me a good grounding in the fundamentals because ­Middle Australia is a place where commonsense is still (thankfully) common, people work hard, right is right and wrong is wrong.

I used to think everywhere else was the same too but 16 years working in politics threw that idea out the window.

Not only are we fast becoming a nation where a small few like to lecture the majority, we’re also being taken for a ride by a growing number of people who exploit the benefits and goodwill of the very country they might live in, but refuse to join.

Worse still, when anyone tries to call this out as not being “the Australian way”, they’re branded “unAustralian”, told they’re racist, intolerant or worse.

Moutia Elzahed has refused to take her burqa off to give evidence in a court case.
I always thought that the great battles in human rights were fought around the inalienable principle that we’re all equal regardless of race, ­gender, class or sexuality.

Yet now, in this age of identity politics, your ­“difference” is what matters rather than your common humanity.

Take the case this week of Moutia Elzahed, who is suing police for ­alleged brutality resulting from counter-terrorism raids that took place in Sydney in 2014. This court case alone is a case study in how far we have gone down the path of junking the very foundations our society was built on.

In court this week, Mrs Elzahed (and we’ll get to the “Mrs” in a ­moment) refused to take off her full-face veil to give evidence despite the fact she had initiated the legal action.

The judge hearing the case, NSW District Court Justice Audrey Balla, offered other options for her to give evidence in a more private setting but all ­required her face to be shown ­because, rightly, Balla affirmed the long-held principle that facial expressions are a key tool used by the court in assessing the truthfulness of a witness’ testimony.

Despite the concessions, Moutia Elzahed still refused to remove her veil and also refused to stand when the judge entered the room because, as her legal counsel ­explained, she stood only for Allah.

Yes, you’ve got it right; Moutia ­Elzahed was trying to make use of the very legal system she refused to respect. Justice Balla made it crystal clear she wouldn’t tolerate disrespect in her court and she was backed up by the NSW Attorney-General Gabrielle Upton.

Moutia Elzahed is not a lone case of courtroom disrespect. Things have got so bad in NSW that they passed a special law a year or so ago to deal with the growing numbers of Muslim men (and now women) refusing to ­acknowledge the jurisdiction of the court and show necessary respect to the bench.

Frankly, it’s ridiculous that these extremists have been allowed to get away with this nonsense until now. Sadly, unlike Justice Balla, most of the judges have let it go which is why a special law was passed.

Despite this repeated bad behaviour, most of the media — like the judges — turned a blind eye to the issue. You’ve got to wonder whether this leniency and lack of reporting would have extended to others treating the court with contempt or whether it was a special concession because they were Muslim, lest anyone brand them “Islamophobic”?

But it gets worse. Go and look for it yourself, but buried in articles reporting Moutia Elzahed’s case is a reference to the fact that she is “one of the two wives” of convicted Islamic State terrorism recruiter, Hamdi Alqudsi.

Convicted IS recruiter Hamdi Alqudsi has two wives.
Yes, you’ve got it right again; not ex-wife, not former wife but “one of two wives”.

How is it that a line like that passes by most in our media class without comment? This is hardly how we ­expect women in this country to be treated — where’s the women’s ­outrage lobby now?

Many Islamic marriages are, for legal purposes, de facto relationships because they are religious ceremonies rather than official marriages. But Australian law clearly says marriage can only be a union between one man and one woman.

Hamdi Alqudsi found guilty of sending men to Syria
Sadly, this is not the first time I have seen reference to “wives” plural. A few years ago I was in a meeting in Canberra discussing budget reform when our conversation moved to the area of rorts within the welfare sector and family payments specifically; after all, we spend billions every year supporting people with children.

Slipped into this briefing was acknowledgment by the public service of cases where it was likely that payments were being provided to families living under one roof with multiple wives. I thought I must have heard it wrong. So I followed up again.

No, I got it right the first time. I was ­informed that it was probably better for the taxpayer anyway because if one wife had to be paid separately she would receive additional support as a single parent.

I couldn’t believe what I was told. If it was true, I said, we were accepting as a principle in welfare policy something that was fundamentally wrong — both at law and in our culture — pure and simple.

No one really disagreed but as is so often the case in Canberra, it was someone else’s problem and they took a few notes.

Straight after the meeting, I raised it with the then prime minister, who found it just as difficult to believe as I did.

He said regardless of the budget argument put forward by the public servants, the principle was paramount. He demanded more ­details and action but the leadership change came … and the rest is history.

The reporting of the Moutia Elzahed case reminded me of this debate. Worse, it reminded me that there are just too many places where we are turning a blind eye to changes in our Australian culture that go against the grain of who we are, and what it is that makes this country one of the best on earth.

Despite the concerted efforts of those who want to define us by our differences, who we are as a people is just as important as who we are as ­individuals. And wanting to protect what we have is something to be proud of, not shut down.

I hope ­Canberra is listening.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline cravenhaven

• Coomba Bay, NSW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 07:22:09 PM »
Cant see the article Pete, a subscription to the Daily Telegraph is required.

I was more amused by the statement that the Daily Tele had 'Premium' content.

Offline JuST Peter

• Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 07:44:14 PM »
It in the Daily Terrorgraph!

Less credible than the Courier Mail.

Is it the truth or did you read it in the Courier Mail?

Cheers,
Gary

It was from the Daily Telegraph Gary, the one that requires a subscription for but I could access it as did Biggles, but just to verify it, I Googled the source, and got what Biggles quoted

Offline JuST Peter

• Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 07:47:09 PM »
As for possibly being branded Islamophobic, in my opinion that only applies to us (racists) if we try to stick up for our country's ideals.

Offline Gadget

• Just Ridin'
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 07:47:45 PM »
So Peta is 'reporting' heresay from an un-named source.

Peta's column is comment and not necessarily or likely to be the truth. She is a propagandist. She claims to have one won the 2013 election on her own.

There are many people living in polyamorous relationships and not Muslim. The numbers are probably far higher than Muslims, but they don't advertise it.

Cheers,
Gary

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:10:10 PM by Gadget »
Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 07:50:30 PM »
While there are a couple of references to polygamy, that wasnt what the article seemed to be about as I read it.

As usual, inflated headlines for a non article..

As I see it, if you lodge action in a Court of Law then you should show respect for the Law.

If no respect is shown, then there is no case.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

The following users thanked this post: Flip, Shiney

Offline JuST Peter

• Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 07:54:59 PM »
This was all over the tv news a couple of weeks back, which reported the judge demanding the person involved remove their face covering, not to mention "not stand for the magistrate".

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • 98 ST1100 Portland, SW Vic coastal.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 01:44:41 AM »

Maybe, as Australians, we fear the thought of multiple wives.
Horrors!   ... Imagine having more than one current Mother-Out-Law?

My second ex and I separated in Qld in 1987 after 8 years of marriage... I moved to Portland, Vic 1990.

Unknown to me at the time, my ex M-O-L had moved here from Melbourne in 1988.

Occasionally, I run into the M-O-L at the supermarket, and she still scowls and mutters at me under her breath, 30 years later?

0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

The following users thanked this post: Flip, cravenhaven

Online Jdbiker

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • ST Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 08:51:46 AM »

Maybe, as Australians, we fear the thought of multiple wives.
Horrors!   ... Imagine having more than one current Mother-Out-Law?

My second ex and I separated in Qld in 1987 after 8 years of marriage... I moved to Portland, Vic 1990.

Unknown to me at the time, my ex M-O-L had moved here from Melbourne in 1988.

Occasionally, I run into the M-O-L at the supermarket, and she still scowls and mutters at me under her breath, 30 years later?

:rofl :crackup
Jdbiker.
2008 red ST1300A
1980 Yamaha XS 1100
1974. Yamaha TX 500 sold
1984   Kawasaki GT 750
1975  Honda GL1000

Honda XL 250 sold
Suzuki TS 100
2000 Honda ST1100P
1988 Enfield Bullet 350
 1941 Royal Enfield WD/C 350 engine