Author Topic: Good Price on Delkevics...  (Read 7454 times)

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Re: Good Price on Delkevics...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 10:35:43 PM »
Just wondering if any member of the forum is using Delkevic's, and if so, what is your opinion of them??  :well
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 11:40:08 PM »
I have seen them on a couple of bikes now, an ST1100 & an ST1300, from what I have seen and heard I like them, dollar value seems to be very good, if my memory serves me right Shiney has a set on his ST1300
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline royst1100

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:46:52 AM »
shiney does have them on the 13 and they sound great.

ive now gotem on the 11 and (being very biast) there better than great. friends say sound is good (hd owner) and looks the part. carbon firbe 18 inch

regards
           Royce

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »
They certainly look the the part, and from all accounts they sound good, but is there any other advantage in fitting them??
I'm not unhappy with the standard ones, so is it worth spending $600 on something you don't really need......am I missing something?

I'd imagine they would be lighter than the standard ones, and perhaps there is some difference in performance.

Hey Shiney............I'd be interested in your opinion........come on....cough up :well  we're waiting!!
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 12:31:36 PM »
On the ST11 dodn't expect any performance gain to speak of, but my bike felt a bit sharper down low with Staintunes on fisrt time I rode it, but I have forgotten now how it used to be.  ST13 may be able to release a bit more power as the EFI system should adjust itself to the freer flow, and the catalytic converters get lost so less weight and the bike may run cooler.  The sonic difference is about the main reason to chnage really on the STs.
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline Mitch

• Legendary Member
  • Mitch
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 12:52:42 PM »
The stock Mufflers are certainly heavy suckers compared to aftermaket ones no matter the brand.  :thumbsup
                                      :grin :blk13 :grin
2016 KTM1290 Super Adventure
2018 HONDA NC750X

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 12:55:19 PM »
The stock Mufflers are certainly heavy suckers compared to aftermaket ones no matter the brand.  :thumbsup
                                      :grin :blk13 :grin

But those triangular tubes with twin outlets look nice!   :thumb
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline royst1100

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 09:13:31 PM »
as i wrote in another thread the performance is not a superbike transformation ! but seems a lot more touquey. i did a small modification on the airbox as well but it does pull nisi and i (were not exactly small ) alot more smoothly and rapidly

maybe just the great sound! but thats how we feel when i ride my transformed ST
regards
           Royce

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 09:43:09 PM »
i did a small modification on the airbox as well ........

Hi Royce - do you mean by this that you opened the airflow INTAKE by drilling breather holes in the airbox?

I have heard of this being done, and together with the pipes, you can get around a 4hp gain - which is 5% - not bad! And the sound... oooh the sound!

Cheers, Diesel
OzSTOC Life Member

Offline royst1100

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 03:46:43 AM »
BINGO.  :runyay
not as radical as some from st-owners have done. only 4 small holes on lid,  next time ive got the lid of ill post a piccy

yeh twist that chromey thing on right side handle bar an the SOUND from under the tank (airbox cover) plus the exhaust, hard to descibe the sweet music of my  :dred11 . 4% may be right but what must and i have said several times and ways " do not look for boy racer PERFORMANCE as these mods will not acheve that" if thats your thing buy a bussa or similar.

thing is its working for me
regards
           Royce

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 09:19:51 AM »
I have to admit, it would be nice to have an improved note coming from the mufflers. Both my boys used to love riding pillion with me when I had my Yamaha XVS1100, but neither of them are interested in riding with me on the ST as they both think the bike sounds a little woosey. But then again, at aged 13 and 15.........what more could you expect!!

Id like to get hold of a set Delkevics and try them but there are so many other things I'd also like to get hold of, and improvements I'd like to make to my humble abode, and I guess one has to get one's priorities in order!!

But I'm certainly thinkin about them!! :think1
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:07:44 PM by Couch »

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 08:35:47 AM »
Just wondering if any member of the forum is using Delkevic's, and if so, what is your opinion of them??  :well

They certainly look the the part, and from all accounts they sound good, but is there any other advantage in fitting them??
I'm not unhappy with the standard ones, so is it worth spending $600 on something you don't really need......am I missing something?

I'd imagine they would be lighter than the standard ones, and perhaps there is some difference in performance.

Hey Shiney............I'd be interested in your opinion........come on....cough up :well  we're waiting!!

Hi Couch :hatwave
Yes I have the 18” Carbon Delkevics on the 13 this is the link to the write up I did on them
http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=730.0

It feels like a little performance boost and the sound is amazing :thumb (also no cars have tried to merge into me since I put them on, and I ride every day :eek)
The weight of them compared to the originals is MASSIVE they are like comparing paper to iron :wink1
And did I mention the sound :grin

I would highly recommend them :thumbs

Cheers
Shiney
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 11:51:51 AM »
Thanks' Shiney..................they're now on the list!!

Yes I have the 18” Carbon Delkevics on the 13 this is the link to the write up I did on them

It feels like a little performance boost and the sound is amazing :thumb (also no cars have tried to merge into me since I put them on, and I ride every day :eek)
The weight of them compared to the originals is MASSIVE they are like comparing paper to iron :wink1

Cheers
Shiney

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »
Thanks' Shiney..................they're now on the list!!

Awesome mate :thumb
You won’t be disappointed, they are awesome :thumbs

Cheers
Shiney

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 11:17:17 AM »
I just bought a pair of the Delkevic Tri Oval's on Ebay A$430 shipped will post up pics & report when I get em!
FR# 431
IBA# 60317

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
FR# 431
IBA# 60317

Offline royst1100

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 02:34:03 PM »
the extra breath

better later than never. big job to get down that far
regards
           Royce

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 07:16:49 PM »
I just bought a pair of the Delkevic Tri Oval's on Ebay A$430 shipped will post up pics & report when I get em!

Looks awesome Noel - will love to hear what you think of them.       :thumbsup
OzSTOC Life Member

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2012, 09:21:21 AM »
I got them yesterday 5 days from the US can't beat that also got a new spring for the rear shock trouble is gotta full weekend family wise so will have to leave it all till after work Monday
FR# 431
IBA# 60317

Dennisgw

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 01:47:16 PM »

Cheers
Shiney

Hey Shiney, are you planning to go to Inverell? I would be interested in hearing what your bike sounds like.

I had Staintunes on mine for a while though didn't really like the sound of them much. the Staintunes sounded great though on my blackbird, the low revving V4 is vastly different to the high revving inline 4.

Have to admit, the Staintunes fitted in combination with a K&N air filter certainly made the ST a lot smoother and much nicer to ride. I was close to selling the ST a while back and hence a key factor in why I took them off.

:candystwheelie
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:09:40 PM by Dennisgw »

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »
Hey Shiney, are you planning to go to Inverell? I would be interested in hearing what your bike sounds like.

I had Staintunes on mine for a while though didn't really like the sound of them much. the Staintunes sounded great though on my blackbird, the low revving V4 is vastly different to the high revving inline 4.

Have to admit, the Staintunes fitted in combination with a K&N air filter certainly made the ST a lot smoother and much nicer to ride. I was close to selling the ST a while back and hence a key factor in why I took them off.

Hi Dennis,

Yeah mate the wife and I will be along to Inverell, we are looking forward to it :runyay :beer   :eat

I’ll be very happy to show off the exhaust and have a chat :thumb (I’m always happy to show and chat about the mods I’ve done :grin)

I’m also running the K&N filter on my beaST and as an update I’m still loving the Delkevics :-++

Did you find the Staintunes too loud or did you just not like the sound?
(Just as a note the Delkevics have removable baffles)
I love the noise from the exhaust with the baffles removed so I run without them in, :blu13 but if you’d like hear what its like with them in (quieter) let me know and I’ll bring them along and put them in... when the bike has cooled down :wink1

Cheers
Shiney

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 07:27:04 PM »

Careful Dennis. I've HEARD them and I can almost GUARANTEE that if you do - you'll be up for a few hundred $$$$$      :nahnah

They're AWESOME!!!!!

Right Dave?

Cheers, Diesel
OzSTOC Life Member

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »

Careful Dennis. I've HEARD them and I can almost GUARANTEE that if you do - you'll be up for a few hundred $$$$$      :nahnah

They're AWESOME!!!!!

Right Dave?

Cheers, Diesel

Too bloody right mate :thumb