Author Topic: Penrite Everyday Full-Synthetic 10W-40-6-Litre for $45.99 - save $11.50  (Read 2698 times)

atoyot

Offline Tipsy

• Landed Gentry
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Laurie
 :wht11 py
I use the same brand and type except I use the one for Diesel.
20k between changes smoother gear changes smoother running.

Tipsy
I am lost and haves gone to find myself
Now If I get back before I return
Please ask me to wait.

Offline Wheelbarrow

• ST1300A, Rockhampton, Qld
Is this an oil designed for motorbikes? Would make me very nervous, additives, etc. the wet clutch may not like it?

atoyot

JASO MA certification is for wet clutch bikes. Probably not designed primarily for bikes, but perfectly suitable and cheap for a full synthetic. Many of the diesel oils that are used successfully in bikes aren't JASO MA certified, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't be any good. Having said that, you do have to be careful about the type of oil, but anything JASO MA will be fine.

Offline Wheelbarrow

Are actually the Honda oils, ie: GN4 (mineral) and HP4 (semi pathetic) JASO MA certified?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atoyot

From what I can find, yes, but you'd really have to check the bottle or find a spec sheet that details their certifications. But the HP4M is JASO MB, which is not suitable for the ST.

Offline Wheelbarrow

HP4M is for ATV's and has friction modifying molybdenum compounds in it. ..... and I thought that ATV's had also wet clutches. Never stop learning!

atoyot

Maybe it's a case of the ATV's have separate gearbox and engine oil? I don't know but I think some of the newer dirt bikes are like that.