Author Topic: FW1 Waterless Cleaner  (Read 1780 times)

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
FW1 Waterless Cleaner
« on: June 29, 2014, 11:31:19 PM »
I'm a keen user of FW1 spray cleaner.  It removes road grime effectively and wipes off to leave a shiny wax.  Be sure to read and follow the instructions (for once).  It's good on windscreens as well as the plastic.  It's not cheap at $20 a can, but I get about 20 cleans of the bike out of it, so I reckon it's good value.  They sell packs which include an upholstery cleaner and tyre spray, both of which are wasted on a bike (and who cares about spraying their car tyres?)
So what I do is haggle a deal on a few cans of the cleaner.  They are franchisees, so can do a deal if they want to.  They operate in shopping centre carparks.  Check weekly locations here:
http://www.fw1.com.au/cgi/prosales.fcgi

And no, I don't sell it, nor do I personally know anyone who does.   :p
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
Re: FW1 Waterless Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:04:00 AM »
We pulled up to close to one of these guys last week in Port Augusta. He came over and gave a demo on half of the screen though bit hard to tell the difference if you don't do both sides.

Was more than $20 a can but he was pushing a small three pack deal plus one large can but I can't remember that price but around the $60 mark.
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 07:08:13 AM »
I have about half a can of FW1 left in the man cave.....I was originally sceptical about the product, but must admit to being a convert, a real secret is keeping the micro fibre cloths clean and fresh  :thumbsup

It's not an easy product to buy at the right price in my area, haven't seen it now for a few years   :OldMan

If you need just a little extra evidence of the product.......the "Bike of the Year award" winner at this years 2014 National Rally.....only uses FW1.

:beer

Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 09:41:53 AM »
We pulled up to close to one of these guys last week in Port Augusta. He came over and gave a demo on half of the screen though bit hard to tell the difference if you don't do both sides.

Was more than $20 a can but he was pushing a small three pack deal plus one large can but I can't remember that price but around the $60 mark.

Yep- It's only around $20/can if you buy more than one.  That's why I mentioned haggling a deal.
You can always split the booty with a mate, but I find I get through it at around a can every 6 to 8 months (guessing).
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927