Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Trailers & Towing

Classic Industries Towbar Fitting/Wiring Instructions - ST1300

<< < (2/4) > >>

Pezzz:

--- Quote from: Malcolm6112 on March 11, 2014, 08:05:34 PM ---The "hardest" part is cutting the slot in the rear guard for the support bracket on each side. Removal of the plastic around the rear isn't too hard, but can be fiddle-ley.

:blu13

--- End quote ---
I did mine on the 1100 without having to remove any plastic and to make the holes for the uprights I used a chisel ..... ;-*

Williamson:
An old thread, but related ....

Can anyone help out with a set of fitting instructions for a Classic ST1300 tow hitch, please?  I've emailed Classic, but thought someone 'ere may be able to assist.

I thought this would be a simple jobby, just a duplication of the old UniGo hitch (oh why did I ever sell it?), but alas a number of differences, and from I can work out, the Classic hitch may need to modifications to the ST.  So before I venture down that path, some instructions would assist. 

No instructions?  Perhaps even some pics of the mounting points sans the side panniers may assist,  Pics taken from all or any angle if you can, please.

Of course, if anyone wants a lunch, a beer (or whatever) and makes a visit to provide some even more practical assistance, would have my un-ending appreciation.

STroppy:
I’m in Adelaide until Wednesday, if you don’t have pics by then, I’ll send you some! I don’t think it was a very big job, just a slit in the black plastic, I think, or was that the 1100  .. . .

Williamson:

--- Quote from: STroppy on December 05, 2020, 12:11:42 PM ---I’m in Adelaide until Wednesday, if you don’t have pics by then, I’ll send you some! I don’t think it was a very big job ...

--- End quote ---

Thanks Terry, I have heard from Brock, he steered me to this thread. No rush, I was gunna fit it this weekend, but any weekend will do, and after a few weeks when I'll be on 12 months holiday, and week day will do.

--- Quote from: STroppy on December 05, 2020, 12:11:42 PM ---... just a slit in the black plastic, I think ...
--- End quote ---

A slit both sides of the black plastic of the inner guard would seem to tally with my thoughts, but I would like to be sure.  I suspect this would also require removal of quite a bit of rear plastics to get to the bolts to mount the top of the "T's".

STroppy:
I think I just those bolts out and slid the brackets into place, no need to remove any of the Tupperware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version