Author Topic: Anyone got a list of the Police mods?  (Read 1275 times)

Online CallMeSteve

• Steve, Ruth and STrudel
  • Legendary Member
  • Eatons Hill, Brisbane.
Anyone got a list of the Police mods?
« on: November 03, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »
Hey all,

I met up with tding this morning and he pointed out a few things on his ST that are different on my police-spec.  E.g. on his bike you can't take the key out of the pannier while it is unlocked! What the ?

So now I'm curious.  Does anyone have a list of all the things the  :cop get Honda to change for them ?

Steve
A man rides on his STeed, says “Why am I short of attention? Got a short little span of attention”.

You can call me Steve, with apologies to Paul Simon.

:wht13

current:
ST1300 2014 Police

pre-kids:
CX500
CB900
CB400NB
CB350
1964 Yamaha YG-1 80cc

IBA #76608,  FR #1170

Offline bloodbikes

• Legendary Member
Re: Anyone got a list of the Police mods?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »
There’s no real ‘mods’ on police bikes really, the r/h switch cluster obviously used to control police lights and sirens that people now use to control extra farkles.
Some of us still have lights and sirens, me and Brock.
Police bikes have a slightly different wiring loom because of the additional lights etc, which are only decommissioned by removing the lights and siren box, usually the wiring pretty much remains.
What kind of mods are you looking to add?, you can purchase a quartet harness which connects to the wiring loom and allows extra connection for upto 4 extra power sockets I believe.
We have uhf radios, heated grips, extra lights, intercom systems, the sky’s the limit for add ons.
Yes it’s true on the 1300 we can leave our panniers unlocked which helps, there’s a few that use cut down keys in volume type knobs so the key remains in the lock and will not start the engine due to its reduced length. A nice little mod.
Has your bike been converted to a dual seat or are you running with a solo seat and pod?

Online CallMeSteve

• Steve, Ruth and STrudel
  • Legendary Member
  • Eatons Hill, Brisbane.
Re: Anyone got a list of the Police mods?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 09:30:04 AM »
Thanks for that mate.  Yes mine has a 'normal' stock seat.  I'm pretty sure it came from the same batch as Shiney's. Only he's done a lot to his bike and I haven't.  Mine has the switches and extra wiring which will no doubt come in handy, and also has the standard police riser which is about to get replaced with a helibars.
I just got curious when I learned that 'normal' STeeds have the immobilizer which mine doesn't and also have the different pannier locks. Started to wonder what other little differences might exist.
Not that it really matters. It is what it is - a fantastic bike. Maybe even more fantastic if I ever cough up for a decent seat lol.
A man rides on his STeed, says “Why am I short of attention? Got a short little span of attention”.

You can call me Steve, with apologies to Paul Simon.

current:
ST1300 2014 Police

pre-kids:
CX500
CB900
CB400NB
CB350
1964 Yamaha YG-1 80cc

IBA #76608,  FR #1170